due to easyJet cancellation we missed 24 hours of our accommodation. Is there a refund available ?

Answered!

due to easyJet cancellation we missed 24 hours of our accommodation. Is there a refund available ?

Any refund available for accommodation when plane cancelled ??

1 Best Answer
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

No, there isn’t. This is why you should purchase the trip insurance that Airbnb offers you when you booked - especially these days, when airline cancellations are becoming more frequent.

If the plane was cancelled because of a weather event like a hurricane, your credit card may have insurance you can use. I used the insurance attached to my credit card once when Hurricane Matthew hit Savannah, and got my B&B stay refunded in full. @Ben5247 

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

No, there isn’t. This is why you should purchase the trip insurance that Airbnb offers you when you booked - especially these days, when airline cancellations are becoming more frequent.

If the plane was cancelled because of a weather event like a hurricane, your credit card may have insurance you can use. I used the insurance attached to my credit card once when Hurricane Matthew hit Savannah, and got my B&B stay refunded in full. @Ben5247 

Debbie210
Level 10
Huntington Beach, CA

Hi @Ben5247 , 

You would have to go through the airline’s customer support. 
I would hope they will reimburse you for their cancellation. 
It’s definitely not yours or Airbnb’s fault. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ben5247 No there isn't. Why would the host refund you when it was an issue caused by your travel  provider. Whilst easyJet appear to be claiming weather issues they are almost certainly not being entirely truthful so you may well get Eu compensation anyway.