extra days added PAYOUT TOO LOW

Anne1055
Level 4
Hawkesbury, Canada

extra days added PAYOUT TOO LOW

Airbnb is charging HOSTS for fees and taxes that are supposed to be paid by GUESTS.
Did you know this?

If you extend a reservation for your guest (adding days to a reservation after it's made),

Airbnb is not charging the Guests for the service fees and taxes.

Instead, the application takes those fees and taxes from the HOST PAYOUT.

Pay attention to it folks, and in fact if you want to see that for yourself, start the process of adding a day for a reserved stay without going all the way through it, and you'll see that the amount charged to the Guest is not enough to cover those fees and taxes, and notice that your payout is way smaller than it should be!!

A unit that's $80 should never see that extra day payout be $25.

I've called Airbnb support and spoken to 13 agents so far, and they keep closing the case without fixing it.
They can't seem to understand it.

Airbnb is charging Hosts the extra service fees and taxes that Guests should be paying!!!

9 Replies 9
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Anne1055 

I tried this out, and for me, Airbnb is calculating the new payout correctly when I add a day. The service charge added for me is 3% of the extra day rate, as it should be.

By the way, I’m doing this on the browser version of Airbnb. It’s possible for there to be a difference between mobile and browser versions.

Can you show us your payout breakdown, available at the breakdown link right before you make the change?

Air calculation_auto.jpg

Hello @Anne1055 

With the extra night this takes the stay to a week and presumably you've factored in the weekly discount that you offer right?

I didn't offer a weekly discount since the price was already lower than usual.

I wonder if it's only happening for locations where extra taxes are charged?

Please show us what is displayed after clicking the link below:

Pat271_0-1680196049316.jpeg

@Anne1055 How's the original payout 697 (shown on the right) when the original price shown on the left was 475?

We have taxes charged for units here too.

I used a browser on a laptop