military discount

Answered!
Sunyong0
Level 1
Austin, TX

military discount

we have a military person requesting a discount because his per-diem is lower.  does airbnb offer any discount for military personnel?

i am aware i can give him a discount from my end but i don't wish to do that since my price is already discounted.  just wondering if airbnb would cut their fees.   

**Moderator edit: This topic has now been closed. To continue, please start a new conversation or go here.

1 Best Answer
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

It would be up to the guest to ask Airbnb to discount their fees, @Sunyong0, and it is highly unlikely. There are no company discounts for veterans or military personel or firefighters or pensioners or anyone really. Only infants and pets get a free ride 🙂

If he is travelling on a per diem for work, and it is capped, he will have to find someplace to stay that is less gorgeous than yours. 

Nothing obliges you to further discount your own price, as you have noted. 

View Best Answer in original post

35 Replies 35

https://www.id.me/  does the leg work for vendors in vetting/confirming military or vets who may qualify for discounts.

Matthew1253
Level 1
Texas, United States

I'll discount my rate for my military family any day of the week.

Wow… it amazes me at how we fight for our country, some of us end up in pretty bad shape, and we’re looked down on for asking about a military discount.  YIKES…

Paul6142
Level 2
Fredericksburg, TX

We don't advertise a military discount, but if someone inquires, we offer a 10% discount off the nightly rate. We will adjust the price before or after the booking. We don't get the request very often, but we are more than happy to give back to those who have given up so much for us. 

I want to offer a discount to military and first responders as well.   I do not believe they can provide a copy of their ID before booking?  How do you adjust the price after they've booked?

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi all,

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts on this topic. I can see that opinions on this matter are divided for many reasons, some of which are personal and hold a lot of value. While we support constructive and supportive criticism and discussions, I can also see that this thread has gone off-topic. Therefore, I’ve decided to close it.

I’d like to remind everyone to have a look at the Community Guidelines. Though we encourage you to engage in conversations, we also need to stay respectful towards one another even when our opinions differ.

Thank you,

Sybe

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen