military discount

Answered!
Sunyong0
Level 1
Austin, TX

military discount

we have a military person requesting a discount because his per-diem is lower.  does airbnb offer any discount for military personnel?

i am aware i can give him a discount from my end but i don't wish to do that since my price is already discounted.  just wondering if airbnb would cut their fees.   

**Moderator edit: This topic has now been closed. To continue, please start a new conversation or go here.

1 Best Answer
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

It would be up to the guest to ask Airbnb to discount their fees, @Sunyong0, and it is highly unlikely. There are no company discounts for veterans or military personel or firefighters or pensioners or anyone really. Only infants and pets get a free ride 🙂

If he is travelling on a per diem for work, and it is capped, he will have to find someplace to stay that is less gorgeous than yours. 

Nothing obliges you to further discount your own price, as you have noted. 

View Best Answer in original post

35 Replies 35
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

It would be up to the guest to ask Airbnb to discount their fees, @Sunyong0, and it is highly unlikely. There are no company discounts for veterans or military personel or firefighters or pensioners or anyone really. Only infants and pets get a free ride 🙂

If he is travelling on a per diem for work, and it is capped, he will have to find someplace to stay that is less gorgeous than yours. 

Nothing obliges you to further discount your own price, as you have noted. 

thank you!   

😂

Free ride? Have you served in the military? I would guess not! You should be ashamed of yourself for saying something like that! It is very much appreciated by all those in the military when they are offered discounts for their service. Of course it isn't required or expected,  but those that do offer it make it back tenfold by word of mouth. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Sunyong0

I agree that's not a reason for you to offer a discount.

Suggest that he uses the Airbnb search function to identify places that fit within his budget.

By the way your place is lovely.

What!! 

Giovanni407
Level 3
Pensacola, FL

People are so ignorant when it comes to our military.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Sunyong0 In the future. You need to have him call AirBnB this is a work related stay, so it is tax exempt. AirBnB will remove the 6% tax they charge for the State of Texas from his reservation. On your City and/or County tax forms this income would be tax exempt for you also, so you need to refund him what ever taxes you built into your rate. I am right by Lackland AFB and do military rentals and have dealt with this issue. I personally give a 10% military discount and up my amenities for their stay. It's the only discount I give. Period. 

thank you @Letti0!!!!

What amenities do you up for military? We’re new to this, and also military, so we’re figuring out our personal policy. 

Mitchell67
Level 4
Honey Brook, PA

FYI- military personnel willing to die for you to go horseback riding, part time sailing, part time jobs isn't asking for a "free ride"... that was disrespectful. You could of just said no we do not. Dont need the disrespect

Agreed! 

Totally agree! I always ask for military discounts wherever I go, and most places are very sorry when they tell me no. That's ok because they don't have to do it. But when they are rude about it, they just lost my business and many of my friends and family's as well!

Oh gosh yes ! ** inappropriate content hidden ** The military already enjoys tons of benefits from our tax dollars and we greatly salute them ! But they have been provided quite well and there is no obligation for a host who is making ends meet !