payouts

Laura5109
Level 1
Pavones, Costa Rica

payouts

hello I recently reactivated my listing account I am not sure about payout methods. seems like I can accept reservations but I don't know where the payout money is gonna come from since I didn't set out a payout method.

thank you very much

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Laura5109  I don't understand your post. Obviously you can't get paid if you haven't entered a payout preference. Why haven't you done that? 

Cute little casita you have there.  So cool that you built it all yourself.

But you haven't written any listing description at all. You need to do a write up of the place, describe the living situation, the surroundings, whether you also live on the property, etc. Please look at mine, or other host's listings to see how to write a description.  A guest would have no idea what they are booking the way it is now.

I  have a suggestion- the way you now have the bedroom set up, it really isn't suitable for 2 guests. There's no space for anyone to even sit up in bed under that A-frame roof. Move that table out, move the bed to the center of the room, with a little side table on each side of the bed. If the place has electricity, put a small lamp on each bedside table.  Put a colorful blanket across the bottom of the bed.

And you should probably have a mosquito net. I live in the tropics, too. Lots of guests aren't okay with bugs- they need to be able to protect themselves at night. You'll get a lot of complaints if people get chewed up by mosquitoes all night or have a scorpion drop onto them.

Rustic places are great, but you have to try to make people as comfortable as possible.

Take a few more photos. I'd like to see more of the kitchen area from different angles. Is there a stove, a fridge?

Hi @Sarah977 thanks for your response. so I try setting the paypal but for some reason  they can't send me the code to my phone to open it ? anyways yesterday when my friend helped me put the casita in airbnb , once we did it we booked the place to see how It would go and actually it went trough so we were wondering where does the money go and how would it get to me if I don't have a payment method set up ? I will try PayPal again but also I have a bank account here in Costa Rica ...so I guess International wiring would work ?

thanks for the suggestions. I will get to it. usually I rented the house to friends that pass the word about it from mouth to mouth In my small town but I am ready to step it up !!! . I am old school lady jaja so this internet life is new for me !! hablas espanol ? soy Argentina. gracias por todo

@Laura5109  Si, hablo español, pero no muy fluido. 

The money won't go anywhere if you don't have a payout method listed. Airbnb will just hang onto it. 

There are different payout methods that are accepted depending on what country you live in. Your options should be there where you enter your payout preference.