private listing

Answered!
Constanta0
Level 1
Miami, Florida, United States

private listing

Is it possible to have a offline listing that can only be shared privatly to make reservations?

Not public to the internet?

Thank you in advance=d 

1 Best Answer

If I am not mistaken, all that data should already be registered in airbnb and there should be no need for you to send it. It is also extremely suspicious how they are asking you to pay before seeing the place. If you ask me, those are red flags all around.

View Best Answer in original post

48 Replies 48
Deborah0
Level 10
California, United States

If you dont' want the general public to see your listing, yes, you can "hide" it by either unlisting or snoozing it (go to manage listing, then click on menu bar on right side, and in the dropdown menu at the bottom you will see a box that says "listed/snoozed/unlisted". )

When a listing is "snoozed" (for certain dates) or "unlisted" then the public cannot see it.  IF you wanted someone to book it, you would need to "list" it again just long enough for them to book it, and then as soon as they book it, snooze or unlist it again.  The person who books would still be able to see the listing but the general public would not.  

I believe he wants to still share it privately and have people book. I think it might be all of nothing.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Hello. Please take care when someone says that is going to rent you an apartment for private listing. I got scammed with this strategy. 

Thank you! I was considering doing this...

Hi Tiago, thanks for the input. It would be very helpful if we could know in what way were you scammed has I have a friend that right somebody just told her that she would send a link from Airbnb private!

I was scammed because someone created an outside link to just draft funds. It wasn’t on the app. It was online. The link looked exactly like the app. I see where this can be tricky but I’d got make sure the client has the app that should avoid any scams 

This is exactly what I want. I list on airBnb but repost to get referrals for travelling nurses. And sometimes they extend their stay or are repeat guests that I would like to have more. 

@Matthew1246  If a guest is a repeat visitor, why not just tell them to contact you directly the next time they want to book with you?

Easy tax documentation and comfort/convenience for the guest. 

I have the same question. I'd like to list my home, but only via a private link that I provide. I don't want it listed publicly.  With the recent updates is there now a way to do this?

Brian

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Yes. The newspaper is a good place.

I'm not sure if you can ask them not to put it on their internet site though 😞

Shawna45
Level 1
Topeka, KS

I am curious about this too! Is this an option with airbnb? 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Airbnb is an online booking platform. So of course if you are going to list with them, your listing will be publicly online. 

I have the same situation  with a host. I found an apartment in Porto, Portugal . He sent me a private listing for reservation.

https://www.airbnb.com.rooms-listing-long-term.vip/itm/567935/?ViewItem