review process

Karen1952
Level 2
Cambridge, MA

review process

Airbnb is claiming to have a fair review process but twice now I have written poor but completely honest reviews of my guests and they have not been posted on their profiles while their reviews have been posted immediately on mine.

This is the policy: Both guest and Host reviews are posted at the same time and can’t be edited after they’re posted,(the other person can’t read your review and change their own as a result) 

They claim to have a policy and then do not follow through.  I have many open support tickets, yet my tickets hang in limbo and don't get resolved.  I'm now doubting reviews about guests.  If they only post positive reviews hosts can't make real decisions about whether to let certain guests book.

After being a host to over 500 guests I'm seriously thinking of switching platforms. 

Who has experience resolving these issues with Airbnb?

3 Replies 3
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Karen1952  I went to your reviews and looked at the guests’ reviews and saw what you are seeing. If you reviewed both of the last 2 guests, your reviews should be showing on the guests’ profiles, but are not. The only thing I can think of is that something in your reviews was perceived to violate Airbnb policy in some manner.

Have you called Airbnb about this? Really curious what their take is on this omission.

It looks like right after I posted this one of my reviews went live.  I'm still waiting on the other one though!

I have multiple support tickets with Airbnb relating to this one issue.  I haven't heard back yet.

Julie1409
Level 2
Lawrence, KS

I have found when I leave a review that is not worded in a neutral way about a negative thing, then my review will not post.  If you are putting any type of personal opinions in the review, it will not post.  You must stick to the facts and be politically correct.  

BUT they will allow a guest to leave a review with emotion in the review and say whatever they want whether it's factual or not.  It's in their perception.  BUT it gets posted.  I'm in a conflict with them now over poor reviews that are feelings and not facts.  We can do feelings but they let guests post feelings.