reviews after 14 days

Answered!
David23
Level 4
Jerusalem, Israel

reviews after 14 days

I hosted a guest who didn't get a chance to write a review within the 14 day normal period.

He enjoyed his stay very much and would like to write a review now that he has returned home. I know the general rule is 14 days, but there must be a way for a guest to leave positive feedback even after the 14 days, isn't there?

Seems quite arbitrary, so am hoping there is a solution. Positive guest reviews are key to my business and I would hate to miss out on this guest being able to post his feedback.

Thank you

David

1 Best Answer
Deyan32
Level 4
Liverpool, United Kingdom

This is quite an old thread but I will jump in. As a customer, I would like to leave a review when I can. Travelling the last few days can be chaotic and going back home to the daily routine can take your mind away from the task.

I think there can be a feature after 14 days either party can request for the review option to be reopened. As an example, I request to leave a review and the host has to accept, after that, I can go ahead and write my review and publish it. Or hosts requests for review as they didn't leave one and once I as the customer accept they can write it.

View Best Answer in original post

76 Replies 76
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @David23,

I too had a guest who wanted to write a review and the link was not working for him.  He tried for a couple days before the 14 days expired and even after I had called Airbnb, he was unable to write his review.  You could call Airbnb but I don't like your chances.

Cheers

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

@David23 

Picking up on your thread also. Great suggestion! It would be a win-win for both hosts and guests.  Although your post was some time ago the timeline for reviews have not improved.  Hopefully(?) the folks at Airbnb will see this revived discussion and implement your suggestion. It's a big deal!

Petra--Ales0
Level 1
Ljubljana, Slovenia

Hi David,

14 days is all you get. Officially.

If guests or hosts miss the review period, then is no way to publish review. If you are within that period, than usually is possible.

Unfortunately, I had a case I couldn’t review my guest after 1 week of his departure. So even Airbnb, not entirely follow its own rule.

Best, Petra

Queenie0
Level 10
United States

Your guest will not be able to write a review after the 14 day period but he can write a Reference. The Reference will appear on your Profile page along with you Reviews.

Hi, I am having the same problem! Could you tell me how they do the reference please? Many thanks

@Christina58

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Hosts/References-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/20222#M24963

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Pascale135
Level 1
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom

i could not write my review before the 14 delays delay.What can I do?

Benjamin165
Level 1
New York, NY

As a former guest who is staying in a foreign country for a theater workshop. I did not have much time to write a review within the 14-day window. 
I too am wondering if there is a way around this.
My hosts Mio and Jindra in Berlin were absolutely wonderful and I feel that it is a shame not to be able to promote them.

@Benjamin165

No way to write a review once the 14 days has expired.

But your wonderful hosts can ask you to write a reference (which isn't quite as good as a review of course).... or if you both feel strongly about it - you can make another booking, your hosts can refund you the payment or even send you a 95% reduced special offer - and then you will be entitled to write the review as you want.

complicated.... but an answer to your question.

Best Wishes.

We had a horrible experience and ended up leaving.............the owner of the property said they would give us $100.00 to help compensate for the mess we found ourselves in..............so we are on a 2 month cross country trip.  Got home no check!!  Okay that is fine but I want to write a review.....when I say horrible it was terrible......dirt, crumbs, cobwebs and bugs (I have pictures)...I cleaned for an hour and just gave up and we told them and left.  What a shame that I got write a review since  my 14 days have expired.....good trick the owner played on us.

Exactly the same thing happened to me. They said they were going to refund but never did. To late with a bad review once I know they would not pay. Long afterwards they said; that was a nice gesture we did... Yes it was but what is a gesture if one do just not follow it through???? Write on tripadviser if you can! 

We have just had a similar experience. It was our first Airbnb booking. We had a message to say we had two days to leave a review, which we wrote and tried to post but it didn’t come up saying we were past the time limit... out host were faffing about and asked us to wait before leaving a review we think they knew we would be timed out.... 

the place  had some serious safety issues and we had a lot of problems, they offered us money off future bookings but we categorically told them we wouldn’t visit Budapest again (and definitely not with them) asked for money off our stay but nothing! 

We as as guests have no recourse or anyone to contact. Have started a resolution disputes but they have made a small payment which I think means the RD by Airbnb gets closed. 

Shocking

not sure I’d ever use Airbnb again.... 

If it was that bad, why did you wait 12 days to try to post the review?

Why did you not call Airbnb support when you arrived and saw the safety issues?

It is not true that "as guests we did not have anyone to contact".

You first could have contacted the host by the airbnb messaging app, by phone or whatever method he used to communicate with you for arrival after booking.

If the property was not conform to the listing, they would have suspended the payment to the host, had you contacted them within 24 hours of arrival!

You then could have logged on to your airbnb account and gotten support, first through FAQ and help center, then if your questions weren't answered you should have clicked on chat with a support agent or called them.

Or did you not say anything during your stay to anyone and just plan to leave a bad review when you got home?  This is not in compliance with Airbnb guidelines which clearly say you should try to work it out with the host during your stay.

Sounds like lovely advice. Then there's reality.

We just had a stay where amenities were not what was listed, the owner admitted that it was illegal (!) to have people there (placing us, as foreigners, at some risk if the authorities had been informed), then threatening us with a bad review if we wrote of our experience. We left after the first night and reported all that to Air BnB. Approximately 15 hours after our arrival.

After several days (!) with "support", received a refund for the unused two nights. No assistance with re-homing us. Lots of assurances of "getting back" to us with several apologies for not doing so. Very frustrating and well below expectations.

We held off until the last day to submit a review in an attempt to thwart the host's plans to retaliate - only to find we could not. Still within the 14 day time-frame, but ... ooops ... not sure what went wrong, but "theres nothing we can do".