robbed & air bib guy asking for more money

robbed & air bib guy asking for more money

Hi we had booked a trip to someones air b&b October 6th-7th , mind you they asked for a $400 deposit which we gave through Zelle just incase we left anything damaged . During our stay unfortunately our bags were stolen , money , card, iPads , MacBooks , clothes etc we contacted the host for the footage because he had rings and we were gonna take it to the police because its robbery . He continues to say you left a stain on my couch my cleaning lady is asking for an extra $350 which we send mind you isn't that what the deposit  covers ? We kept asking for the footage several times to the point where everyone who was in that house had to text him , he was being super disrespectful . After a while he sends us some footage but not the time we had got robbed . He texts me saying you're going to have send $300 more for the footage that you want . We did not no that payments have to be through airbnb until we were reading . This is super unprofessional I simply just need some footage of a crime that got committed and he can't even do that without asking for more money .

3 Replies 3
Gina2084
Level 2
Black Diamond, WA

Oh no my dear, this sounds like you were majorly swindled. NEVER send money to anyone besides people you know and trust via Zelle. You will likely not be able to retrieve that money and no payments should be off airbnb platform. Next, put in a police report ASAP! Demand that the police request the footage and report this to airbnb as well, I would also recommend immediately posting your situation on the “Better Business Bureau” to report airbnb and require they do something about this, I’m so sorry that this happened to you. This is awful!

Good Luck,

Gina 

I'm experiencing something similar with my reservation that occurred during  7-10 October, he has pressured  me into giving him a 200$ deposit for "security". During the checkout he didnt return the money, saying that it will be for cleaning fees, because I have a dog with me. Which he already knows and his listing is listed as pet friendly, now he is threatening me to come to my university stating that he will come to take more money, and has made multiple hostile comments. I've contacted Airbnb support multiple times past 3 days and they haven't replied once. 

Awful service, I didnt expect this from an Airbnb host or Airbnb customer service. This host shouldn't be allowed to list anything on Airbnb!

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Just curious, but what were the past guest reviews of these establishments?