uncomfortable about a guest who has booked

Answered!

uncomfortable about a guest who has booked

Hi I've just had a booking from someone who's profile pic does not really show the persons face as required by airbnb ..the guest also has no reviews (i've just turned on reviews in guests settings) I'm not sure how to approach this ..

i've messaged guests asking for a little more information but am yet to have a response - can anyone help?

Thanks

1 Best Answer
Colleen47
Level 10
Frisco, CO

@Charlotte196 I have had a few rentals now eith eith no reviews and or no photos at all. Probably not the smartest thing but via communications I have felt comfortable. I understand if they don't reply to your messages this can get concerning. I do have a booking that hasn't replied to my normal messages but I assume they want to treat me like a hotel and have minimal contact. Not sure if that helps? I'm leaving it to the universe one could say, and so far ao good. 

Colleen

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Colleen47
Level 10
Frisco, CO

@Charlotte196 I have had a few rentals now eith eith no reviews and or no photos at all. Probably not the smartest thing but via communications I have felt comfortable. I understand if they don't reply to your messages this can get concerning. I do have a booking that hasn't replied to my normal messages but I assume they want to treat me like a hotel and have minimal contact. Not sure if that helps? I'm leaving it to the universe one could say, and so far ao good. 

Colleen

Thanks this really helps am new to this and been good so far however had a bunch of 18 yr old girls who decided to use my radiator as a bench and pulled it from wall slightly .. debating whether or not to report as they are not owning up ! 

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

@Charlotte196

You have descibed maybe not most but a significant percentage of my bookings.

David

And have you had any bad pennies or all good ? New to this so I'm learning ..

Farah1
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Charlotte196 was this through instant booking? Since you already ask for more information/better picture and he does not respond yet, my best suggestion is to send him another message with a deadline. "Hi X, I look forward to hearing back from you and seeing the updated profile picture by (put deadline here). Thanks!"

If it is an IB and you do not feel comfortable and the guest is not being cooperative, you have the rights to cancel. PLEASE keep in mind that the best way to do it is by reaching out to airbnb and ask for their help by explaining the situation and cancel from their end.

Cheers for advice .. hopefully they'll get back in touch