Here's a Tip from an ol' host

Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10
Union City, NJ

Here's a Tip from an ol' host

Since there are so many posts in here that are neither tips nor tricks, I thought I'd get the ball rolling!

Here's a tip that I use in my listings:

Go to an arts/crafts/diy store and buy the biggest canvas that you can find.   Put it on the wall, at a level that a normal human being can reach.  Next to the canvas put a jar of permanent markers (we call them "sharpies").   Kick off the canvas by faking the first 'signature" as nobody will draw on the canvas unless they see that someone has already started it. My husband always writes "Thanks for the great visit, Isabelle and Henry, Quebec City".  I don't know how he chose that 🙂

Once the canvas gets full, hang it as art and start a new one.  I currently have over 30 full canvases after six years of hosting.  It will be a cool art project one day, maybe even something hosts in every city can exhibit at the same time!

10 Replies 10
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

That is a great idea @Maria-Lurdes0.  It would be great if you shared a couple of the canvases on here.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

I hyperlinked the photo - check for the underlined text. I'm not so great at inserting images yet 😞

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Maria-Lurdes0,

This is a great idea and love to hear you have over 30, it is a great alternative to a guest book. Do you hang them all? 🙂

(Top Tip: if you would like to add a photo directly into your post here, if you click on the little camera icon in your post tool bar, a box will open. At the top you will see a button called 'choose file', click on this and this will enable you to select your photo and upload it.) 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Test Image

@Lizzie  so odd - I don't see the "choose" option, I only see Source then Image Description, then two fields for dimensions....I'm using Chrome.  I'll have to play around with this using another browser.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Ah @Maria-Lurdes0, I am sorry about this. It sounds like it might be a log in problem. Would you mind logging out and then logging back in to the Community Center please (your profile image should show in the top right hand corner of the page when you are logged in). 

Hopefully this will solve it, as I'm really looking forward to seeing it 🙂 Do let me know if not. 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

ParkAve_12.jpg

THanks @Lizzie that worked 🙂

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Wow! This is fantastic. I love all the little doodles your guest have drawn. 

How do your other guests respond to it? I bet they enjoy reading all of the comments. 🙂

--------------------

@Maria-Lurdes0, Thanks for the amazing tip 😄

I'm replacing my guestbook with a canvas right away! Looks very interesting.

Jeet

This is fantastic @Maria-Lurdes0 ! I have over 300 post it notes with thank yous written on them. I'm going to start doing this instead. Thanks for the tip.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Wow, 300 post-it notes, that is quite a number @Brittany1 🙂 Do you do anything with these at the moment, say are they kept in a book and do your other guests get to read them? 

--------------------