Removing a Special Offer Discount: A Community Help Guide

Answered!
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Removing a Special Offer Discount: A Community Help Guide

From time to time, you may receive an email from Airbnb offering you to add a special discount offer for guests for specific dates or if you are starting a new listing, you can offer a special discount (usually 20%) to the first 3 guests who book within a certain time frame.  I have seen many hosts get upset when they find out someone is getting their listing at an extremely deep discount and blame Airbnb for changing their pricing.  The case is usually that they have a 20% first time discount set AND a weekly or monthly discount which pile on top of each other.  I have had several where they have a 20% first time discount and a 49% monthly discount which gives the guest a 69% dicount off of their listing.  In any event, here is how to remove the special discount once you apply it.

Here is an example of the email that you usually receive.

Screen Shot 2018-06-18 at 10.31.29.png

Here is an example of where you select to offer the 20% discount for your first three guests when setting up your listing

Screen Shot 2018-06-18 at 10.30.44.png

Here is the email you receive if you setup the 20% first time guest discount when you first setup a listing

Screen Shot 2018-06-18 at 10.31.04.png

To remove these offers, you need to go to your listing calendar and choose any date where the discount is applied.  Then on the right hand side, you will find the details of the offer.  Underneath the details, you will find a link to "Remove this offer".  Select that link.

Screen Shot 2018-06-18 at 10.31.57.png

Once you select to remove the offer, you will have a screen notifying you that removing the offer is permanent.  You need to choose "Yes, remove offer" and then the special offer discount will be removed from your listing calendar.
Screen Shot 2018-06-18 at 10.32.25.png

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

13 Replies 13
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

By the way, to those at the CC, it would be great if I was able to add the picture in the post like I use to be able to.  Very frustrating when you are trying to help others and give up your time to create Help Guides only to not have it work.  Hopefully this will be fixed.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Dave-and-Deb0,

It is wonderful to see you back in the Community Center. Thank you for sharing such a great Community Guide. Your other guides are still going strong and are very popular (I like to think if they were physical books, their spines would be well warn by now). 

I am sorry about the difficulty with uploading photos in the CC at the moment, this is a glitch our Tech Team are currently working on at the moment. Hopefully it will be back to normal shortly. 

In the mean time, I have updated your links to photos. 🙂

Thanks again for creating this. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thanks Lizzie (at Lizzie is not working)

Hopefully I will have some time this summer to create more and also update several of the others as Airbnb loves to change the look and how things work which makes keeping things updated a hard task.  

All the best!

David

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

@Lizzie

Can you please make the photos larger and also add this Help Guide to the list of others here: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Removing-a-Special-Offer-Discount-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-...

You could also delete this message and all the others above it as they do not add to the thread and you have added the photos.

All the best!

David

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Dave-and-Deb0,

Thanks again for this. In terms of the photos, I did try them at the larger option, but they were showing very large in the thread – if anyone would like to see the photo in more detail there now is the option to click on the photo and it will appear in a larger view. Is this OK? 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

@Lizzie

Will you add this and the other new post into the list of Help Guides??? 

David

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Dave-and-Deb0,

These have been moved to the Tips and Tutorials board. 🙂 Thanks again for creating these. 

--------------------

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

I still cannot see the two located in the list of Community Help Guides

David

Ana7
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

But this doesn't work when the discounted period is booked. I would like the offer not to show anymore when somebody opens my listing, but the days are crossed in my calendar and there is no "Remove this offer" button!  

Instead of the anavailable discount which cannot be removed, I would like the message like "People are eying this place" or so to show! 

Is there any way?

Ana7
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Dave-and-Deb0  have you perhaps figured out how to remove the discount when the days have already been booked? It is still showing when one is looking at my listing, it is misleading and irritating as those dates cannot  be booked.... offer.png

Marilyn157
Level 2
Denver, CO

I elected to offer the new listing 20% discount.   I am also sending the guest a regular special offer.   It only lets me put in a dollar amount with no explanation of how I arrived at the amount.  So I also sent a message that explained the final amount.   My question is,   I did not include the 20% new listing discount in the final offer amount because I think airbnb will do that when they add in the service fee.  Oops I just remembered I need to add in the cleaning fee.   So I will change the offer, but will airbnb add the 20% discount?

how do I remove ALL discounts without having to do it date-by-date?