experimenting with the way my property is listed without my consent

Landgoed-Dennenholt0
Level 2
Vierhouten, NL

experimenting with the way my property is listed without my consent

Hi,

is anyone experiencing problems with the appearance of their listing in searches for the minimum number of nights possible in your accommodation a few weeks ahead of time?  For instance: the minimum nights my accommodation can be booked is 2 nights. If you look for 2 nights, let's say, in a day or two from now, my listing appears on top of the list. But when you search for 2 nights in a few weeks, my listing doesn't appear at all!! As if it isn't there or isn't possible.

I've had numerous emails and phone calls with the AirBnB help desk, where everyone is ever so polite and helpful, but the bottom line seems to be that AirBnB is running an experiment on trying to get hosts more valuable bookings and there for your listing doesn't always comes up when it should (based on length of stay and availability).  It's unclear how long this experiment will run for, when it will finish. It seems to effect <10% of customers.... We're just not lucky.  It was suggested to change the minimum number of nights per booking to 1. Then my listing would come up again in searches for 2 nights a few weeks ahead. But the adverse effect is that it would also come up in searches for 1 night stay, close to now. Not a good idea therefore.

As helpful as the helpdesk guys were, passing on information of the tech team to me, it seems like the system is working against me now rather than with me. I've asked to speak to the person who can influence all this, but so far I haven't heard from anyone with executive powers.

Is anyone experiencing the same problem?

Best, Pieter

2 Antwoorden 2
Alex-En-Emly0
Level 1
Zedelgem, Belgium

Pieter, ik denk dat dat hun bedoeling is; ze willen zoveel mogelijk winst maken, en hopen op grotere boekingen voor vroegboekers; ze kijken of hun winsten nog kunnen vergroten...

Artikelen lezen in het Informatiecentrum

Je woning klaarmaken voor gasten
Tips van Airbnb Plus-hosts: attent zijn voor je gasten
Gasten ondersteunen tijdens hun verblijf