Guest having sex in my apartment whilst I am there (making noise)

Answered!
Kippy0
Level 3
Alicante, Spain

Guest having sex in my apartment whilst I am there (making noise)

I have hosted over 40 bookings in 2 years I think. Never have I experienced what I experienced this weekend. A guest rented a room in my apartment for her and a male friend. I am assuming they are in their early 20ties. At first all seemed well and the guests were kind as always when I first meet them.

This guest is fairly new to Airbnb joined in April (no reviews) so I am also assuming I may have been her first booking. Anyway, fast forward to later in the evening, I hear screeching coming from the room so I asked my bf, if he could hear that noise (from upstairs our bedroom which is on an other floor yet not really sound proof). My bf says, Oh my god I think they are getting it on. I could not believe that a guest would do that not only in a strangers home of which you are merly renting a room, but also whilst the host is present in the house. I also believe they as they were making the bed move they have the knowledge that they would cause for noise.

I am super disappointed in this guest and that she would do this whilst we were in the house. I therefore feel like not giving her a good review at all. I think you can never know what people do in a private room and its the risk you take but the fact that we heard it and they did that whilst we were in the house I believe is super disrespectful. At some point I came down, turned on all the lights in the hallway, made myself known in the space and they still kept it going.

What kind of review do I give this guest? I feel like I have to say something about it but I don't want to get too personal and put her on the spot. I don't necessarily not wish her any future bookings. Advise anyone?

1 Best Answer
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

Please note that this content has been archived.

You can still access this topic if if you have the link but it won't appear when you search on the Community Center.

To ask a new question just click below:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks,

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

View Best Answer in original post

201 Replies 201

@Robin4  That's a Spam click-bait post.

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Sarah977 Indeed! - I reported it as "spam" before Rob replied..... Surprised it's still up....

@Helen350  I've noticed that it takes a few days for some of those spam posts to disappear- I guess it's not a matter of some algorithm automatically deleting them- maybe the moderators actually check them out first.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

We check 'em @Sarah977  - to the spam bin with this!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

@Kippy0 , I can't believe this post is still alive since 2016, I suspect if you put the word sex in just about any post, it will attract attention.  Hopefully your hosting experiences have been better since then or you got a good set of headphones for when they don't!  Stay well everyone, JR

Alison712
Level 2
Philadelphia, PA

I actually rent out my master suite. I rent it out part-time and when it’s not being rented, it’s my actual bedroom... I think 100% of my guests have had sex in my room. The first few times it happened I was totally freaked out bc it’s my actual bed... but then I realized why I host through Airbnb in the first place and the fact that I stay as a guest all over the world thanks to Airbnb. All the random beds I have slept in.. at least with mine I know how it’s being cleaned lol the sex comes with being a host 

Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

The subject of this thread is a good reason we keep well stocked with gloves and It didn't start cause of Corona!   Stay well, JR