I can't trust vacasa after the last disastrous rental we had from them

Anna12466
Level 1
Portland, OR

I can't trust vacasa after the last disastrous rental we had from them

Two years ago we had the worst airbnb/vacasa experience ever: Upon arriving at the house, the house smelled like 100 years of smoke covered up by a few years of Febreze, the grill was broken so we couldn't make dinner, the heater was broken, the hot tub was filthy, there weren't enough beds or linens for 8 to sleep and my son had to sleep on the couch with an afghan, the wifi password wasn't posted anywhere so we had to call. They came out many times to fix things and cleaned the hot tub, but then it was not hot by the time we left. It was Awful and I vowed not to trust vacasa again.

All of the reviews for the vacasa homes I see coming up have the same kinds of complaints. Why are they still polluting the listings?

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Because large scale management companies make lots of money for STR listing companies like Airbnb, B.Com etc

They will only cease to be successful when hosts stop using them and guests stop booking through them.

It sounds like a horrible experience @Anna12466  I do hope you got your money back and left an honest review on Trust Pilot etc and the hosts profile.

Can I ask why you choose to post about this two years after having this bad experience.?

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Anna12466 

It sounds like you really didn't have a good experience with them.  Did you leave them a review to reflect the issues you've mentioned?

We'd always recommend leaving a review that clearly outlines these kind of issues, and where applicable, contacting Airbnb directly.

I hope you don't end up having a similar experience again, but if you do, it's always best to raise with the Host and then to Airbnb if things aren't resolved.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines