Initial Contact

Initial Contact

How do you reach out to your guests on check in day?  What do you think makes them feel welcomed and comfortable?

6 Replies 6
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Dana1220 

I take it you do self check in?

Personally we have never done self check in so we dont have your problem,

We like to meet and greet our guest then we can give them a quick tour show them around and answer any questions they might have, Lots of guest mention how they like that we check them in,

Plus one of us will go to the apartment 30 minutes before and turn the lights on and the A/C so they are not walking in and have to find their way around.

But we each have our own way of Hosting, 

After that we dont bother them they have my number and can contact me via airbnb,

I only remind them when the cleaner will come, 

No, I don't do self check-in at all.  I just took the property over from a small management company who had no personal touch at all!  I was just wondering how guests responded to different methods of check in.  I always greet if I can but definitely adjust temperature and leave indoor and outdoor lights on

Thanks for your response!  I'm hoping to start a community group if I can, I'm very excited about being a more involved host and learning/sharing with others hosts!

@Dana1220 

Here in the forum there is a wealth of information you will learn most people dont use it, Their loss!

Maybe join some local FB groups good luck with your listing

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Dana1220 

Good tip for you, if you are replying to someone always use the @@@@@@ and their name will come up, if you dont we will not know,

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Dana1220   We have contactless check-in and we do not "reach out" to our guests at arrival.  Our Welcome package that is emailed to the guest prior to their arrival date lets them know how to unlock the doors and to inspect the Cabin immediately.  They are given our phone number to call if they have an issue.

Before the guest arrival, we turn on the lights and adjust the heating/cooling so that the Cabin is pleasant/comfortable upon entry.  We leave a guidebook for the TV channels, places to eat and tour on the living room table.  Many of our guests have commented on its usefulness.

Unless the guest reaches out, we leave them be.  They are there to vacation, and we have found that in our situation, our guests are not interested in seeing or speaking to us.

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Dana1220 very interesting topic and good questions! Making a guest feel welcomed and comfortable is of course a huge part of hospitality. 😃

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen