Offering alternative dates to avoid declining an inqury

Alison968
Level 1
Arnold, MD

Offering alternative dates to avoid declining an inqury

I have a question about declining... I have a returning guest ask for a date that was already booked (I have two listings for the property and forgot to block off one dates on second listing). I declined explaining that it was booked that night but they could book another night.... Is there a better way to have handle this to not have a decline ding my superhost rate? I am seeing something about sending request for booking or special offer? I appreciate your guidance on this, thanks.

5 Replies 5
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Alison968 

Which ever way you look at it, it's your fault,

Is that not against airbnb T&C to have 2 listings of the same property?

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Alison968,

Welcome to the blog.  It's a great place to share information and experiences, but a host should bookmark the Airbnb Help Center and consult it first to become familiar with official policies and procedures.  It's written in simple language and pretty easy to read. It has a very good topic search, but you often can do a Google search and the appropriate Help page will usually be high in the results.   What you are inquiring about can be done by modifying the reservation.  Click the links.

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Sudsrung0,

No, it's not against ToS to have two listings at the same property.  A host may want to offer a property in more than one configuration, e.g. either as a 2 bedroom or a 1 bedroom, or with or without pool access.  The easiest and best way to avoid double bookings is to use the link calendar function.

No you can have several listings for the same property if you are offering at different prices etc  In my case I can offer as a one bed or a two bed apartment.  Also there will be times of the year where I am offering the entire house so that would be a third listing. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Alison968 If it was an inquiry you can just respond and then correct the availability. If a booking enquiry then you do have to decline or accept. Perhaps modifying as Debra suggests could work but I don't know.