Pet Friendly Properties, and the neighbours

Jessica2906
Level 1
Narangba, Australia

Pet Friendly Properties, and the neighbours

I've recently become the neighbour of an Air BnB House. When we moved in, the house next door didn't seem to be an Air BnB but is now.. I want to get some thoughts/advice on pet friendly properties and how it affects the neighbours. 

We have dogs, and have never previously had any issues with them barking or being territorial however, since the house next door has become a Pet Friendly Air BnB, our dogs are really struggling with the constant revolving door of people, and their dogs. 

This is beginning to cause major disruption to our household, and I want to understand if there is anything we can do? 

We don't mind them having the Air BnB home, and the people in and out are fine.. but the Pet Friendly part is a concern. Is there a way we can stop the listing allowing pets? 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

4 Replies 4
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Jessica2906 

See if this helps it's the only thing I can find

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/3290

I guess all you can do is speak to your neighbours 

Thanks! I've tried to send a message through to the host and if I don't get a response, I will contact Air BnB Support. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jessica2906 what do you expect Airbnb or the neighbour to do? Airbnb will tell them that 40% of folks want to travel with their pets and not allowing this will financially damage them.

Perhaps you would be better off getting some training for your dogs?

Thanks for the input. I understand it’s not ideal for the host however it’s the constant revolving door of unfamiliarity that’s the issue. The dogs are trained and would be fine with any dog that actually lived there after some settling. 

I also don’t feel their ‘business’ should impede or disrupt neighbours.