Quick Replies How To Preview?

Michael7015
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

Quick Replies How To Preview?

Hi

I have written a quick reply, but I want to make sure everything looks good, but I don't see an option to preview. How can I do testing of this? Same issue with scheduled messages.

Also is there a way to insert a door lock code? I am trying to do the last 4 digits of a phone number.

12 Replies 12
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Michael7015,

Try reviewing this thread about scheduled messages to see if it answers your questions.

No this did not have the answer I was looking for.

@Michael7015 

When you click on Quick Replies and select one to insert into your message, it doesn't send until you click the arrow send button. So you can preview it or edit it there.

I was hoping it would do that but was not sure so did not want to try.

Though a preview button would be better and safer.

Also does not help with scheduled messages.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Michael7015 , 

As correctly mentioned by @Patti-And-Marty0 , I got the same feedback for you from the tech team. The window in which you are formatting the msg is similar to a preview. The way you format your message in that little window, it will appear to the guests in that exact format when you click send arrow button.

We're happy to announce the Month of Celebration!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Yeah, I know it will be in the same format, but there is just something about seeing it all generated that makes it easier to spot errors.

When I did my first quick reply, I found many errors that I did not catch when reviewing it in that "preview screen".

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Michael7015 when you are editing your listing there is a little 'eye' icon on the right hand side somewhere that says preview when you move the cursor over it

Hi

I am confused, I am not talking about my listing. I am talking about those canned Quick Replies / Scheduled Messages in the inbox.

I don't see any sort of preview button. 

@Michael7015   No, there does not appear to be any way to preview the messages that you have set up within the canned Quick Replies in the inbox.  

When I have run into this type of poor programming, I used to book myself as a guest to test it out.  However, due to the costs imposed by the OTAs through their collection of service fees and taxes, I can no longer run those tests of the system.

You can try to send feedback through the feedback links, but without the support of a Community moderator, this may fall on deaf ears.

So surprised no one has brought this up as an issue and no one in Airbnb thought of having a preview button or some way to test things.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Michael7015 ,

Read your post and other members' replies. I noticed your suggestion below and will relay that to relevant team. Meanwhile, please feel free to fill out the Feedback Form to point out your product experiences and suggestions.

We're happy to announce the Month of Celebration!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

I don't think there's a way to preview it, but when you use them they first show up in your inbox and you can edit them before sending. You'll have to go back and edit/update the quick reply too  @Michael7015