Unable to buy gift card due to false CC declines

Reece23
Level 1
Seattle, WA

Unable to buy gift card due to false CC declines

I've tried 5 times to by a gift card through Airbnb and my card is declined every time. My bank says the problem is all on Airbnb's side. Has anyone else come across this? And how the heck to do you contact customer service for gift cards???

8 Replies 8
Margie137
Level 1
Westford, MA

I am also having this problem.  My credit card company also says it is on AirBNB's side, that they authorize the transaction, and then AirBNB rejects the authorization.  I have tried many times, with no success.  I even tried a different credit card (my husband's), though same email address and same account (but different cc number), and had the same result.

I give up.  I guess I won't be buying any more AirBNB gift cards

Lynette175
Level 1
Vancouver, WA

I’ve also had this problem. Has anyone found a resolution?

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Lynette175

Sorry to hear you're having a similar issue! Have you tried checking in with the Support teams to see if they can help you identify what's going on? 

Thanks, 

Emilie 

Vous ne trouvez pas ce que vous cherchez ? Cliquez ici pour Cliquez ici pour démarrer une conversation!

Can't find what you're looking for? Click here to start a conversation!

Lynette175
Level 1
Vancouver, WA

They said it was a problem with my credit card. The bank said it’s not a problem with the card and I tried it with multiple cards.

I'm having this same problem. ABB keeps saying it's on my end but my banks have said that ABB is declining the transaction. 

Sarah4356
Level 1
New York, NY

I tried the above suggestion, and it was not helpful. The agent told me they can only assist with REDEEMING cards, not purchasing them. It looks like launchgiftcards sends an auto email regarding this issue. You can reply to the initial email asking for help purchasing the card. Fingers crossed launchgiftcards reply to my query!

Sarah4356
Level 1
New York, NY

Emailing the AirBnB reps at Launch Gift Cards (airbnb@launchgiftcards.com) was not helpful. They just repeated the auto-reply text (yes, I called my bank to confirm they didn’t block charge; yes, I checked that my info was entered correctly). See pic below for their reply. 

Only custom text was basically, sorry, we don’t know why purchase didn’t work and there’s nothing we can do! I have given up  and won’t be buying a $500 card from AirBnb. Looking for a gift somewhere else.

BF2E9C60-DEF1-4F31-B893-A78C4FCD471C.jpeg

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Reece23 

You can contact Airbnb like this:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact-us

Choose "I don't need help with a reservation".

then topic "payments, refunds",

then "payments"

then "It’s something else"

the "i still need help"

and you will end up in a live chat-session

Other options:

Contact Airbnb - Community Guide [Updated]

Explore Resource Center articles

Making your home ready for guests
Tips from Airbnb plus hosts: How to add thoughtful touches
Supporting guests during their stay