GAME: Where in the world?

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

GAME: Where in the world?

303194_MasonTrinca_1698_R.jpg

Hi everyone, 

We haven’t had a game for a while, and I thought this one would be apt: in these times, we’re not travelling so much or so far, but what better opportunity to reminisce on our past adventures and have a bit of fun travelling virtually?

The name of the game here is to guess ‘where in the world’ the photo shows. It’s a cropped photo of a famous location… can you guess?

Whoever guesses correctly can then challenge us with a picture of their own to guess. 

I’ll kick things off - I hope you enjoy 🙂

fds0.png

184 Replies 184
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Ann72  @Katie 

Sorry about the delay in responding guys but, we do live in a global village....while some play, others sleep....7.00 am here, another 'action packed' day ahead of me! 

Great guess Ann, and you are in the right part of the world.......It's just as close to the water though!

Sarah in a mystery location b .jpg

@Michelle53  @Sandra126  @Emilia42 

Cheers.......Rob

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Katie  @Ann72  @Michelle53 

Another piece of the tapestry......

Sarah in a mystery location c .jpg

Cheers........Rob

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That snippet looks like London Bridge to me @Robin4 @Ann72 🤔

@Katie  Of course I would have guessed that if it hadn't fallen down 🤣

JK.  You're brilliant.  Hope we hear back from Rob!

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Ann72 😂🤣

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Katie  @Ann72 

Katie, you are a goose! ........ 'London Bridge' is the one you guys sold to the Texans!!!!

I have to give it to you though....it is Tower Bridge!

On June 17th 1999 Sarah (our eldest daughter) Ade and I did a river cruise on the Thames and I could not resist this photo to remind us just how lovely it was to be there with our daughter on the other side of the world...... in the land of our ancestry.......

IMG20201014232549.jpg

That was our first trip  to England......God the world was a wonderful place......

Come to think of it, it still is! 

Congrats Katie!

Cheers......Rob

@Robin4 @Katie  TBH I think Katie and I got that one together - just combine our answers!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Ann72 

I will go with that, you were both on the right track.

Ann, I hope this thread does not run out of legs .....there are just millions of lovely destinations in the world and every post that comes up here brings back a lovely memory for me....Like Michelle with the Table Mountain Cableway!

Maurie Senior and I were great mates!  We went to the same parties, we dated the same women (at different times)....we drove the same make car, a Fiat 1500.....milliquicento!

Maurie had no idea I was in South Africa and yet there we were, on the same train on the other side of the world  at that same moment in time!

I had all but forgotten that when all of a sudden, @Michelle53,s cable-way post came up and all those lovely memories of that experience on the 'Blue Train' came flooding back to me. 

It's up to you now Ann, the starters are on the blocks....the starters pistol is held aloft....hit us with something dramatic....but make it personal! You have had lots of travels and..... I want to include personal photos of my travels here because it is like you are inviting the community into a part of your life.

Go for it girl!

Cheers.......Rob  

@Robin4  That's a great story about running into a friend on the other side of the world!  I'm game to keep this going with you because I too love the memories.  You see how long it took me to reply to your post?  That's because I was going through the photos of my computer!  I only got about two years back.  This is from a memorable trip my oldest daughter and I made in 2018.  We went to a wedding, where I reconnected with friends I hadn't seen since the 80s.  We live in different countries and since this trip have visited at each others' homes.  This year we had plans to do more of that, but of course have only been able to manage Zoom birthday parties.  Next year!

This is the whole photograph.  It's part of a famous site.

IMG_0911.jpeg

@Katie @Michelle53 @Sandra126 @Emilia42 

(Katie, it's sideways because it was taken with my camera, not my phone, as we discussed.  I trust you'll be able to turn it right side up - thank you!)

@Katie @Ann72 @Robin4 @Sandra126  Apologies for being a bit absent - busy work time for me at the moment. 

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

No pressure at all @Michelle53 - hope it's all going ok 😊

@Robin4 hahah what's funny is that I meant to say Tower Bridge, as that was the one I was picturing in my head - I even walked across it a few weeks ago! I sometimes get the names mixed up though - oops! Luckily @Ann72 had my back there 😅

Great pic! 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Ann72 

Ann, great one, I can only guess! The colour of the rock looks the same as Ephesus in Turkey! There was a lot of inlaid stone at that site.

Going to need a bit more of a hint I am afraid!

Cheers.......Rob

@Robin4   This is part of a structure that was built probably 10 centuries after Ephesus.  It's the site of a famous siege.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Ann72 

Time here having passed 11.30 pm, I will have to sleep on it....I promised myself an early night tonight having been up past 2.00am the last three nights!

At this stage of the piece I have no idea Ann, the only thing I can come up with (in its obvious state of disrepair) that remotely resembles it is, the fortress of Masada....not sure you have got to that part of the world!

We did get close returning from England, we went to Jean Michel Jarre's millennium light-show at the Giza pyramids celebrating the start of the new millennium......amazing concert!

I will run off a bit of my footage onto a wondershare UTube clip and post!

Every one of these posts brings back some gold moment in my life!

Cheers........Rob

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hmmm this one is hard @Ann72 - I'm going to throw in a curveball and say it might be in Mexico? The patterns make it look quite distinctive 🤔