5K Super Host Grant

Darrell60
Level 3
Charlotte, NC

5K Super Host Grant

Why are Superhosts with more than two properties excluded from receiving the $5K grant??  Just when I thought Airbnb was going to do something right. Most casual STR are only supplementing their income. I have 4 STR and these are my only income. I have lost over $25K just in March and April cancellations. I have 4 mortgages to pay and have zero income. Airbnb please reconsider your requirements to receive aid. You are excluding the Hosts that most need your support. 

78 Replies 78
Luana130
Level 10
State of Bahia, Brazil

I have the same situation, the difference is I only actually have one house, but I turned the rooms into studios, so I have diferent listings for the different "studios".

I have the same. I rent out two bedrooms in my home and then offer a third listing that you can’t rent out the house. 

they are really screwing the ones who just utilize their primary residence 

Abigail6
Level 2
Pompano Beach, FL

I’m just very confused on why they would disqualify hosts who utilize their homes to the max. I live where I host but I also have three listings for that house. I don’t have multiple houses.

Maybe they need to offer a low interest loan to I guess people who have multiple properties and then have something different for those who host in their primary home. 

Amorn-and-Chris0
Level 2
Ko Samui, Thailand

Hi everyone,

We have one property that is ours and we co-host for two others whose owners are not locals. Does anyone know if we would qualify for the Superhost fund, or does being a co-host exclude us?

Cheers,
Amorn and Chris

Exactly the same for us. We also can specify that in both cases the other 2 properties are listed under the relevant name and ID of the (2 different) owners who show as the hosts, and we are just co-host.

Marissa107
Level 6
Marbella, Spain

Do you have any idea where/how  to apply for the super host grant? I have few queries for AirBnB. Sorry but this is my first time to join the cummunity. Thanks.

Marissa107 in Estepona, Malaga Spain❤️

@Marissa107 

You don't need to apply.. you have to wait until they contacted you and they will evaluate you.. by processing the evaluation, your application will be complete..  they need to contact you first..

Jeffrey Bong
Pilar1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

That’s the thing, you can’t apply, they will be contacting potential candidates during April, I’m sure not all contacted will get it. 

Jane2811
Level 2
Manchester, United Kingdom

And how will it be decided who are the most needy? Not an easy job

@Jane2811 

The most in need, or the most needy.. needy is quite easy compare to the one really in need.. 

hehehhe

Jeffrey Bong

first not more than 2 listings.

Elizabeth1876
Level 2
Somerville, MA

Maybe they feel like if you have multiple listings, that's an indication that you probably have more assets and more financial options than people who essentially Airbnb out a

room to pay their rent.  

Finally @Elizabeth1876  got the target. thanks god all those sheeps looking for aids made me annoyed. Yes it is exactly as you said,  multiple listings mean more money in the bank so they're not fairly eligible for grants, that's why not more than 2. It's that easy! Let me click a kudo on you sweetie mmhh someone smart in this community rather than complaining hosts. ciao 😉

Julie815
Level 2
Gloucester, United Kingdom

Just out of interest does anyone know of anyone who has received this grant? I for one have heard nothing more about it.. feels like it was a bit of a softener to keep us all interested

Looks like everybody looking for grants rather than start over. You're killing the business