Dear AirBnB, you have bankrupted our partnership.

Michael303
Level 10
New Orleans, LA

Dear AirBnB, you have bankrupted our partnership.

It’s clear to me that AirBnB does not understand what is it stake here. As a business, you’ve turned your back on your business partners - your hosts, and at the time your hosts need you most. And, you have tied our collective hands, your business partner’s hands in collecting guests that have legitimate travel insurance... You must think our relationship is a joke. IT IS NO JOKE TO US!

The idea that refunding our cleaning fees in the middle of all these bankrupting cancellations is a sick joke. AirBnB do you realize this is a business, not an afterthought for your hosts. I can assure you it is not. We take it very seriously. This is our livelihood. This is our LIVES!! Do you realize how much it costs us to stay afloat? Our debtors: mortgage companies, insurance companies , and governmental taxes they take it very, very seriously. Guess what?! The first of the month is coming for all of us with recently emptied and totally refunded calendars, but our debtors don’t care. They expect their money. They expect us to produce? WE EXPECT AIRBNB TO KNOW THIS. How do we keep our businesses running with a saboteur as a business partner? The impact of this blanket and 100% incorrect decision AirBnB has made has damaged and will destroy the hosts you have built your business on the backs of. The backs of, hard work of, and pride of.  I have not had a single issue with VRBO or HomeAway. There is something very, very wrong about your treatment of hosts. 

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Michael303  While I agree with your sentiments, the reality is that Airbnb has never considered hosts to be their business partners. They've been pandering to guests for a long time now, suspending hosts' listings due to some supposed safety violation they refuse to disclose to the host, allowing guests who never stepped foot in a listing, or who were booted out for objectionable behavior to leave lying, 1* reviews, the list goes on and on. They were never our partners, just a booking platform with way too much micromanaging of our listings. Many hosts who've never had any serious issues may have never come to realize this until now, but many hosts haven't been under any delusions that we are in a partnership for quite awhile. 

@Sarah977 you are correct. Sadly, they think guests run the platform. In reality, host are the only backbone they have.