(Covid-19) Travel Ban in Germany

Kernbach0
Level 1
Weil am Rhein, DE

(Covid-19) Travel Ban in Germany

Hello,

me and my Girlfriend wanted to meet up in Berlin for a trip from 16 to 20 April. 

Therefore i booked an apartment before the Corona breakout on March 9th. Afterwards due to the new travel ban in Germany my Girlfriend cant enter Germany anymore (she is Korean), so i tried to cancel the reservcation with the reason Covid-19, but the host declined. Is there any other way to get the full refund? 

Thank you. 

Henry 

6 Antworten 6
Siegfried20
Level 10
Hesse, Germany

Hi there, Henry. Not being able to easily cancel may have something to do with how much (little) time is left before your booking date begins, or perhaps because you live in the same Country as the Country in which the booking is supposed to take place? I thought that any guest outside of Germany would be able to cancel their reservation automatically due to the Corona outbreak? I'm not sure, but my wife and I had a reservation as well (end of August) in the Netherlands which I canceled due to not knowing how things will progress with Corona. (would it help to drink Corona beer)?  😉 In my reason for canceling, I used the option for "special circumstances" and was able to cancel without a problem. We're only getting a refund for about 80% of our paid amount though. If you're not a resident of the Country where the booking took place, then canceling should not be a problem. But if you are living and booking in Germany, then technically nothing prohibits you from taking advantage of your reservation.

Consider this ... it's not your hosts fault that your girlfriend can't travel to Germany.
The conditions to book, as far as the host may be concerned, were not based on the ability of your girlfriend to travel to other Countries. The agreement is between you and the host ... not your girlfriend and the host.  😞

Monika--Elisabeth0
Level 10
Vienna, Austria

@Kernbach0, ob airbnb besondere Bedingungen bei einer Stornierung anerkennt hängt auch davon ab ob entweder in dem Bundesland in dem du wohnst oder wohin du reisen willst, Verbote betreffend Tourismus bestehen. zi.B. in Österreich sind alle Hotels zu, alle Restaurants und touristische Vermietungen daher nicht möglich.  Du solltest das abklären, dann kannst du dich auf diese gesetzliche Regelung berufen.

Siegfried20
Level 10
Hesse, Germany

Another part of the cancellation also has to do with the cancellation options which are provided by the host. If the cancellation options are "severe" then being able to cancel would be difficult to impossible, regardless of the travelban because of Corona, etc.

Es würde auch darauf ankommen welche Stornierungsbedingungen vom Gastgeber bestehen, denn bei strengen Bedingungen wäre es mit oder ohne Corona womöglich auch nicht möglich zu stornieren.
Wenn man schon Englische Fragen beantwortet, wäre es ganz bestimmt hilfreich solche Antworten in der Sprache des Fragenden zu erteilen (weil nicht jeder etwas mit Online Übersetzungen am Hut hat).  😉

@Siegfried20 , dies ist hier nun mal das deutschsprachige CC. Fragen in anderen Sprachen, sollten dann auch im jeweiligen englischen / spanischen usw. CC gestellt werden. Wenn der Fragende die Antwort nicht versteht, wird er sich schon melden.

Monika--Elisabeth0
Level 10
Vienna, Austria

@Siegfried20, nachdem der Anfragende in Deutschland lebt gehe ich wohl davon aus, dass er auch deutsch kann. 

Mika8
Level 10
Zürich, Switzerland

@Siegfried20.. danke für deine Fürsorge .. aber wenn jemand in einem online-forum eine Frage stellt, wird er wohl auch Zugang haben zu google translate (ok, ausser der Mensch ist einer von 1/7 der Menschheit, für die google von der Regierung zensiert wird, aber auch die haben online-Übersetzungsprogramme).

@Kernbach0.. so, if I understand it right, you booked a place at March 9th ... hmmm .. and you didn't thought about having a travel insurance in place which includs 'pandemic'?  .. so, you and your girlfriend from south korea which have been hit hard from corona around early March didn't thought that corona could be an issue??

Durchstöbere die Artikel im Info-Center

Mach deine Unterkunft für Gäste bereit
Tipps von Gastgeber:innen auf Airbnb-Plus: So fügst du durchdachte Details hinzu
Unterstütze Gäste während ihres Aufenthalts