New, unique Community Center usernames

Airbnb
Official Account

New, unique Community Center usernames

EN.png

We’re updating each Community Center member’s username so it’s unique and easily searchable. Now you’ll be able to make sure you’re mentioning the right @Annie or @Guillermo in your posts and replies.

Here’s how it will work: We will automatically add numbers to the end of your existing username to make it unique. To keep it simple, you won’t be able to further customize your username, but this change should help you find hosts and be found by them in the online Community.

We’re excited about this change and are happy to answer any questions you might have about it. Just reach out to your Online Community Managers here in the Community Center, @Lizzie@Stephanie or @Quincy.

132 Replies 132
La-Casa-0
Level 2
Port of San Jose, Guatemala

LA CASA 121 is the number of the house I rent. Its very easy touse and to fi d for mu hosts. Why change it? How cani Keep the number?

@La-Casa-0  The numbers here are just for the purpose of being able to tag other posters on this discussion forum. It has nothing whatsoever to do with your hosting account, your guests, and has nothing to do with anyone finding your listing.

Nothing has been "changed". The forum moderators just created a way for this forum to work better by assigning identifiers to posters here. 

Regina114
Level 5
Laguna Hills, CA

I do not know if this is the right place to be asking questions but.....

It is very clear that guest should advise if they are bring infants,  but I could not find a place where they should let me know about bringing a pet.  Which happen.  Mind you I love dogs but I need a deposit in case of a mishap and my home is small so I cannot accept a big dog.  

Anyone knows how to go about?

I also would ask the guests for a $60.00 returnable deposit for pool keys because this is what they cost me if they lose them.

thank you

Scott1260
Level 2
Grover Beach, CA

So i'm Tanya7 even tho im a HE and my name is Scott!

Frustrating there is no way of changing this (as you can with other programs in profile settings).

After contacting Airbnb in hope of editing a username - many and most agents had no clue either.

My understanding is it's set by default the moment you create your profile.  

@Scott1260  Sounds like a tech glitch- your user name here should be the same as on your hosting account, aside from the number after the name (which is only for the purpose of being able to tag other posters here on the forum). I'll tag one of the forum moderators here so they can figure out what's up with your incorrect name.

@Nick Can you sort this out?

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hm, that is a weird thing to have happened, @Scott1260 

I've already asked the team to look into this but it might be a while before we have some feedback.

Thanks for flagging @Sarah977 

Many thanks for all your help guys! 😉

Scott1260
Level 2
Grover Beach, CA

Thank you Sarah ... I appreciate all your help and timely response! 😉

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Scott1260 

Just be glad they didn’t change your name to “Tool” as the OP suggested.

Brian2036_0-1634579385860.png

Haha ... yeah, you can call me Tanya anytime! 😉

Sagar16
Level 1
Gurgaon, India

Well I suggest a choice to opt for an alias name according to availability. 
This can apply for those interested in opting for a custom name. 
Also this will be a good opportunity to connect personally with some of their community's active members, who in some way are inclined towards helping airbnb grow and flourish. 

Brian785
Level 2
Newnan, GA

Who asked you or gave you permission to update user code ?

Wtf? 

I'm really getting sick of the **bleep**ty customer service from Airbnb.

VEMO looks better every second.  Disgusted with your crappy no follow through customer service.

@Brian785  It has nothing whatsoever to do with user code. The number identifiers here have nothing to do with your hosting account or anything  else, and do not appear anywhere except this forum. They were added to make it easy to tag anyone in a conversation, as before that there were only a max of 5 names in a thread that could be tagged.