New updates announced! Give your feedback!

Marjo0
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

New updates announced! Give your feedback!

From our headquarters in San Francisco, in front of hosts and guests from around the world, we announced some exciting updates we’re making for guests who use the Airbnb mobile app to search for listings in popular travel destinations.

We also shared some updates to the controls you can use to manage your listing. Read more about the updates. To share your thoughts and feedback about these announcements with us—and with other hosts—go to the dedicated posts below and add your insights.

1. Matching the right guests with your listing: We’re collecting more up-front information from guests about their trip when they search, so we can show them personalized matches.
  2. Neighborhoods: Travelers can pick the type of neighborhood they want to stay in, based on categories like quiet or scenic and these preferences will inform their matches.
  3. New host controls: For common preferences like allowing pets or smoking, you’ll be able to set your preferences, and we’ll make sure the right guests see your listing.
  4. City guidebooks: We’re rolling out new city-wide guidebooks that bring together select favorites from local hosts so travelers can see what it’s like to live in their destination.
  5. Additional hosts: We’re making it easier for you to share hosting responsibilities with a family member or trusted friend by adding an additional host to your listing.

-------------------------

New to the Community Center? Check Getting Started for guidelines and info.

19 Replies 19
Amanda185
Level 2
Arrecife, Spain

Airbnb mobile App - I am afraid I just deleted it after my AVIRA Security Software described it as HIGH Risk and recommended immediate removal!! 

Miriam103
Level 1
Cork, Ireland

I am wondering what other hosts do in relation to "use of the kitchen " I am living in the house. I've had guests cooking til 11 o'clock having used the kitchen during the day. Is there a general "rule"

Dody0
Level 2
Special Capital Region of Jakarta, Indonesia

Is there in a country homeowner .. when his guest back to his country .. the owner or host of the room or the house lie by saying that the towel was taken .. and the key was taken ... the guests feel sad at such accusations ... as a guest Must be how to ... thank you

Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I would like a feature that was removed to be added again.

On the stats, we use to be able to see for when the guests were looking to book - for example, if there was a specific weekend in November that had a high demand because of an event.

Thsi was removed form the stats - can this be brought back?

Thanks 

Catherine577
Level 3
Memphis, TN

Who cares about this when you've completely ignored a huge demographic- wheelchair-users. I use a wheelchair and it is impossible to find places that are wheelchair friendly. You're not inclusive at all. There are millions of wheelchair-users globally yet it seems that we apparently do not travel! It is archaic not to recognize this demographic and change your search parameters. Shame on you, Airbnb!