Unlist Your Listing: A Community Help Guide

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Unlist Your Listing: A Community Help Guide

-----------------Updated June 2017--------------------

An updated version of this Community Guide is now available, click here to view.

------------------------------------------------------------

This is another common question in the hosting community so it is time  for a "How To" guide for "unlisting" your listing.  If this "How To" guide helps, give it a "Thumbs Up"!

"Unlisting" your listing lets you unlist for an unspecified period of time and your listing will not show up in searches until you "Re-list" it.  It is temporary and can be relisted very easily.

Steps for "Unlisting" Your Listing

Step 1: Log into Airbnb.com and click on "Host" and "Manage Listings".

manage listing.png

Step 2: Choose the listing you want to "unlist" and then choose "Manage Listing and Calendar".

manage listing 1.png

Step 3: In the drop-down menu on the bottom-left where it says, "Listed", change this to "Unlisted".

snoozed.png

Step 4: Choose the reason why you are "unlisting" your listing.

unlist.png

What happens while your listing is "Unlisted"?:

From Airbnb: "While unlisted, your listing won't show up in search results and you won't receive any booking requests. You’re still responsible for your confirmed reservations while your listing is unlisted."

Cheers

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

13 Replies 13
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Dave-and-Deb0,

Thank you so much for creating these 'How to...' posts, they are really helpful and the step by step content makes it really easy to follow. Great stuff.  

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

I have one listing that I would like to completely remove. I had it set up for just two people in my guest house but have now decided to set it up as one unit only, to accommodate up to 9 people. This listing I want to remove is "unlisted" but I would like to get rid of it because it really is redundant and will never be active again.

Hi @Monica4,

You can permanently deactivate your listing by going to "Basics" under the listing section of the left hand menu.  The scroll down and find the red link that says "deactivate this listing".

deactivate.png

Happy Hosting @Monica4!

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Carolyn5
Level 8
Leongatha South, Australia

I tried that and it didn't work - no option!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Carolyn5,

Did you managed to find the button in the end?

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thanks, Dave and Deb  eanette

Robin111
Level 1
Chattahoochee Hills, GA

this function is not working right now.  What's up?

This isn't working.

I have selected "unlisted" a dozen times and it goes back to "listed" by itself. There's no "save" button after selecting "unlisted" it just goes right back to listed. Now I keep getting requests and I can't unlist my house. Nice!

Is this on purpose AirBnB?

Also doesnt work for me.

It seems the tracking/events javascript are not loading on the page, so the change of the listing type in the selectbox are not being triggered.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Rafael95 and@James325,

Sorry to hear this isn't working for you. I wonder have you tried saving it on a different browser? As this might help. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Still not working in another browser.  This is crazy!  There is no save button or dropdown from which to choose the reason I'm unlisting.  Every time I leave the page it goes back to listed.  What else can we try?  

It might possibly be the adblocker in your browser if you have that enabled. For me it wouldn't work in Firefox or Opera but I tried with a clean Chromium install, no addons, no adblocker, and it worked. Google Chrome would probably also work if it was a completely clean install with no extensions installed.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your participation here. I just wanted to let you know that there is now an updated version of this Community Guide, click here to view.

I will now close this topic for new posts. 

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------