Introduction

Bianca192
Level 2
Hong Kong

Introduction

My name is Bianca and I live in Hong Kong.  I have a house in Southampton, UK and have just joined Air BnB.  I would like to learn more about being host and try to best to deliver the best accommodation to the guests.  

4 Replies 4
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Very cool, @Bianca192. There are tons of great threads in this forum about things to do and things to avoid. Spend some time going through, searching for the things that interest you, e.g., linens, breakfast (or not), cleaning fees, tips. Also take a look at some of the cautionary tales about cancelling, allowing parties, breaking your own rules. Remember that you do see the worst of things here. People tend to turn to the forum with problems, and not when all is going well. Also spend time in the Help section of the Airbnb site. That helps with all the technical things. If you still cannot get something to work, though, you can ask for advice here. 

You have been a guest, I see, and that is my own best advice. You have the priceless ability to look at your listing as a guest would.

All the best!

Joe556
Level 1
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom

Hi, I too have properties in Southampton UK, I'm about to start using a management company to handle the AirBnB process for me. Happy to feedback my experience if it helps!  

Hi 

I am looking to start using Airbnb but cant be ther to open the door. How are things foing with the managemnt company and how much do they charge.

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @Bianca192,  

If it is possible, could you see this conversation link :  

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Airbnb-Updates/How-to-be-a-successful-Airbnb-host-Creating-an-at...  

Thanks, 

Miloud