April 2019 Host Newsletter

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

April 2019 Host Newsletter

April Header Image.png

Hello everyone,

I hope your April has been a great month for you all. Here is the next edition of Host News:

April 2019 Host News (click to view)

Hightlights include:

• Check out Airbnb Updates

There’s a new blog for hosts within the Community Center. You can find product updates, company news, tips to help you grow your business, and other important messages from Airbnb. Read here

• Make the most of House Rules

Hosts share their best tips for House Rules, such as including limits on smoking, hosting parties, and more, to set expectations with guests and ensure a great stay. Read here

• Making reviews more fair for hosts

Many of you have asked us how Airbnb can protect hosts from one-off bad reviews. We made some changes, and since then, we’ve noticed more accurate, fair reviews. Read here

• From home hosts to boutique hotel owners

Superhosts and brothers Nikki and Sander began as a bellhop and Airbnb home host, and went on to open the Surfhouse Boutique Motel, listed on Airbnb. See how the love of their California hometown inspired them to rejuvenate a rundown property and welcome guests from all over the world. Read here

I hope you find this an interesting read. Feel free to share any general thoughts you have below. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

7 Replies 7
Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Thanks @Lizzie for posting this for everyone. Always something interesting to read... if not debatable!  😁😁😁👏🏼👏🏼

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

hehe,  yes certainly – but it's good to talk about these important areas. 🙂

Glad it's useful, @Cathie19.  

You can also find all of the past editions in the Host Newsletter board here in the CC (for those who didn't know about this). 

Thanks again and happy Monday! 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks @Lizzie the newsletters are appreciated and it is great to read Feedback in CC from those who should be popping in here more often than just when we receive there's letters.

It would be great to hook a few more users into CC

Hi all just got my first booking looking forward to it but how do we get paid abnb have not asked for bank details regards dawn 

You must update payments un your profile!

You’ve written nice post, I am gonna bookmark this page, thanks for info. I actually appreciate your own position and I will be sure to come back here. Thanks. **

**[Link removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines

That information is correct, I am learning about it run 3