Keyword Search

Keyword Search

I would love to see the Keyword Search feature brought back. I've spoken with many other hosts who would like to see this turned back on as well.

This was a great way for guests and hosts to find a good match and there are too many special interests to provide check-boxes for. Some guests, for example, prefer to stay in a kosher or vegan household. Others might want to stay with SCUBA divers or surfers.

Keyword search was a great way to make these connections happen. It was good for guests and for hosts! Many of us saw a large drop in page views when this feature was turned off, and the views have never returned to their prior levels. It seems that there are a lot of missed connections, with guest who are having trouble finding just what they're looking for.

29 Comments
Stephanie414
Level 2

This is such obvious sabotage: Somebody nust have been bought out by the hotel industry.

They must be losing millions because of this.

You will have to wait for the successor to airbnb. If you don't think there will be one, search on visicorp and lotus.

Erik6
Level 3

You could be right Stephanie!   I can't see why they'd remove it......maybe there are coding costs involved  (?) 

Please air bnb bring back keyword search 😄

Stephanie414
Level 2

It's valued at 30 billion dollars.  Technology is not a limiting factor - it's their lifeblood.  

Stephanie414
Level 2

A critical part of the airbnb success was that people could search for particular kinds of accommodation and interests. (eg beach front, Paris balcony, tiny house, yurt, scuba diving, parrots, vegan).

People would travel where their interest was, and not care about location.

Weirdly the keyword facility was removed in 2016.

Brian385
Level 1

Turn key word search back on!

Vaalea0
Level 2

YES!!!! "VEGAN" 😛 😄 I so badly want to be able to search listings by keywords.

Katy44
Level 2

very helpful - please please please 🙂

Every time I talk to airbnb for anything, I also beg them to put the keyword search back. I cannot believe they removed the most important feature of searching for listings.

Airbnb, turn the keyword search on please!