Pet fee

Pet fee

Allow us to add a pet fee! It's more cleaning time when a pet stays and more risk also!

Response from Airbnb

This is a great suggestion and matches our thinking on ways to give hosts more flexibility in offering services. We are actively working on a solution to enable hosts to include individual charges for special services, such as extra cleaning for guests with pets or other features of a listing that may require more effort from the host. We will have more to share on this in the first part of 2018.

In the meantime, you do have the ability to request additional funds from your guests after their reservation is confirmed. From the reservation page, click “Send or Request Money” and indicate the amount of your pet fee. This will send the request directly to your guest so that payment can be processed through Airbnb. Be sure to include a mention of your pet fee in your listing description, as well as a follow-up message directly to the guest, so they know why you are sending the money request.

We rely on your input for improving Airbnb and take these suggestions in Host Voice very seriously, so please keep the great ideas coming.

80 Comments
JenniferAndMar0
Level 1

I agree that there needs to be a link on the website to charge for pets. What do you think is a reasonable amount?

RoseAnn2
Level 2

We need a pet fee button. And also mutipal pets.. it is very frustrating! 

Ellen64
Level 2

I do wish that Air B&B would add the pet fee in the guests calculations. I have made this request directly to Air B&B. My guests just cancelled when that were informed about the $100 fee. Whenever a pet stays at my house, I defog for 2 hours in case they left any fleas and I get all the rugs cleaned. The fee is fair in my opinion. It ensures that the guest's pet isn't exposed to fleas or an unclean environment. And if the next guest has a small child, I can guarantee that the house is clean.

Suzanne110
Level 1

Agree! Please add an option for guests bringing pets and allow us to charge a cleaning fee just for that!

Michael147
Level 1

Totally agree! I want to be able to tell my potential guest up front that I charge a non-refundable pet deposit. It's only fair that they know BEFORE they even inquire. I don't want to surprise them with the fee once they're ready to book. 

Christopher44
Level 2

Yes, pet fee.  Pets require extra cleaning.

Vince13
Level 1

Ditto on the pet fee.  Also, where did the Pets Allowed go in the amenities?

Ethan15
Level 1

It's ridiculous that air bnb allows an option for a guest to indicate they have a pet but nowhere for an owner to charge a fee upfront. It is confusing for guests, unfair for owners and is not in line with other vacation rental sites. Really inexcusable in my opinion.

Marc-and-Cathi0
Level 2

Agreed! We have a very pet friendly rental with it's own fenced yard. Dogs are treated as well as the guests. Cleaning time is longer after a family + pet stay. There needs to be a pet fee added to the pricing section. In the same section as the cleaning fee. I don't want to charge per night for pets, just a one time pet fee. Even Hotels have this. Some of the Marriott hotels charge a $100 sanitation pet fee. By not having it, I charge higher for our rental. That generates less income for AirBnB if we get less bookings. Less for us and them. But this is a side income for us, so we are not dependant on it. Air is. Just saying. I wonder if they have run the numbers on how much potential income they are losing by not having this feature?  It could also be a standard cleaning fee or cleaning fee with pet. Check one, option.

Cathi

Marilyn53
Level 3

agreed.  Homeaway and VRBO make it easy to add a pet fee.  Wake up airbnb!!!!!