Edit my own review?

Answered!
Michael68
Level 1
Bellingham, WA

Edit my own review?

I gave a host a poor review that I regret giving.  I'd like to edit or remove it, but can't figure out how.  

Anyone know how to delete or edit your own review?  I feel horrible about this host getting stuck with it.

1 Best Answer
Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

You can learn more about how to edit a review you wrote here https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/367

Please note that this content has been archived. 
You can still access it if you have the link but it won't appear when you search on the Community Center.

To ask a new question just click below:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Michael68,

I do not see any bad reviews of guests so I am assuming this has not gone live.  You have 48 hours to edit a review you submitted unless it goes live because the 14 days ran out or the guest made their review.  If the 48 hours has run out, you would need to contact Airbnb and see if they could edit it manually or delete it altogether.  Go to your reviews (https://www.airbnb.com/users/reviews) and choose "Reviews By You" and if you are still able to edit it, go ahead and edit.  If there is no option to edit, contact Airbnb.

Here is how you can contact Airbnb: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-How-To-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

I hope this helps and if it does @Michael68!

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Hi Dave.  Thanks for the reply.  I posted my question to find out if a guest can remove their own review.  

I have a negative review from a guest last year.  The review is leading to confusion from potential guests who can't tell if my listing is a whole house rental or not.  Last year I switched from a nightly room rental to a weekly whole house rental.  I have far more reviews as a room rental than not, so by reading the reviews a potential guest would think I will be present during their week-long stay.

The one negative review reinforces that, because I stayed there for 3 nights of this particular stay due to the guest's ever-changing arrival date.

For the past 8 months, I've been answering the same question over and over again: "Will you be staying there during our stay?"  I cannot figure out how to explain this in my listing that the answer is No.  The best way to do this is to remove this misleading review.

If you know of any way to get this done, I'd appreciate knowing about it.  I'm thinking of listing my place elsewhere for the summer, because I'm tired of answering these questions and this one review is likely costing me bookings.  Thanks!

Can’t you simply stress in your listing that you are now, unlike before, renting the whole house and will only be there to greet people? I mean if a guest doesn’t care to read your entire listing description, then they probably won’t read and respect your house rules either. Hope it all worked out. 

Michael2255
Level 1
Farmingdale, NJ

Hi Michael, I just had this same issue. I just called Airbnb and asked them to take the review down for me.

Elizabeth1983
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

I want to delete my poor review too. How do I get in touch with airbnb?

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Elizabeth1983 

You can change the review during 48 hours after submission, as long it is not published.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/367/can-i-edit-a-review-i-wrote

You can ask Airbnb to remove your review by using the "contact" link on the help page..

Other options to contact:

Contact Airbnb - Community Guide [Updated]

Please note phone contact about this issue is temporary not available.

Best regards,

Emiel

Anna9170
Level 10
Lloret de Mar, Spain

@Emiel1 
Unfortunately, this is no longer possible. I also had a situation a few days ago, a guest made a mistake while driving, and put the final rating of 1* with a great review and all 5* for each position. The guest then wrote to support with a request to delete the review,  because could not edit it, nothing has changed.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Anna9170 

I think the edit is about the review (the text written) , not the rating.( I never changed a review, so maybe somebody alse can confirm this)

I also read recently Airbnb has changed review procedure: if guests make a strange selection (like the example you mention), they have to confirm if the input is correct

And Airbnb CS is very slow these days, so maybe her request to delete is still pending.

Anna9170
Level 10
Lloret de Mar, Spain

@Emiel1 
Thank you for your support, but I think hope is the worst, you wait and think about it... So I work and move on, because of the rating - life does not end))

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

You can learn more about how to edit a review you wrote here https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/367

Please note that this content has been archived. 
You can still access it if you have the link but it won't appear when you search on the Community Center.

To ask a new question just click below:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines