CC Social 23 September, 2022 - Come along!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

CC Social 23 September, 2022 - Come along!

Quincy_2-1663253118768.jpeg

Hello everyone, 

Thanks to all of you who were able to join the previous meetup. It was such a lovely session, and of course, also great seeing your faces, and hearing your voices again 😊. Now, with the end of the month advancing very quickly, I thought that it would be great to schedule another meet-up on the 23rd of September, so join along! 

Our next meetup will take place on Friday 23 September, 2PM (BST - UK time).

Timezones for anyone not in the UK:

Friday 23 September, 8AM (Pensacola/Kansas City, USA)

Friday 23 September 9AM  (New York / Toronto, USA/CA)

Friday 23 September 10PM (Seoul, KO)

Friday 23 September, 11PM (Sydney, AU)

Saturday 24 September 1AM (Auckland, NZ)

Please click on the link to register: This event has ended

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out this CC guide

I look forward to catching up with you all!

Quincy

New to CC socials?: For anyone new to the socials, it's a monthly online meetup where CC (Community) members come together to connect with each other and have a bit of positivity along the way. It's not specifically Airbnb focused, and anyone new is very welcome. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

31 Replies 31
Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

It’s been so great also to hear your opinions about investors and how they are threatening the Airbnb idea und our private hosts’ effort for a community-friendly way of opening our homes for travelers. And it was very interesting to learn about the registration procedure at your place, @Christine615 !

Thank you all!

I’m not sure if I will be able to join the October meetup, as we will be travelling in California that time (staying in private live-in hosts accommodations of course 🙂 ).

@Till-and-Jutta0 

Hi guys, great to see you out and about.

I can't believe how guests are literally lining up to book at the moment, this is crazy stuff.

I have just been paid twice within the space of one day from two guests for the same night by Airbnb.

I had a guest booked to stay here last Friday 23rd September. The day before they were supposed to arrive I got this message........

Cancelled reservation 6.png

Note the time of that message!!!

At 2.35pm I received this email from Airbnb.......

Cancellation 8.png

I have of course refunded the guest who had to cancel what I would have been paid.

Within 30 minutes of the cancellation I got another booking for that next night, the 23rd September......

Cancelled reservation 7.png

And @Till-and-Jutta0  this is the second time this has happened within two weeks ....I am getting punch-drunk with forced cancellations and the next thing re-bookings, guests are literally lining up to book in our area if they come across a listing with open nights in the next week or so......there is no such thing as a night off for me! 

Since 2018 bookings have been really consistent but this year things have gone crazy, I am actually getting enquiries from potential guests saying, "I know you are booked for these dates but if you get a cancellation can you let me know"!!

We are in a crazy game.....but the money it generates is welcome!

Cheers.........Rob