[Game] A-Z of Hospitality

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

[Game] A-Z of Hospitality

Screenshot 2022-09-01 at 08.38.10.png

Hi everyone, 

Many of you have been living and breathing hospitality for years. We’re now putting you to the test with an A-Z alphabet game, to share the words that you associate with hospitality! 

For every letter of the alphabet, comment a word related to the theme and if someone already posted your letter you can comment your word for the same letter below their comment! Let’s keep going until we get to “Z”! 

I’ll get things started: A is for Airbnb!

Enjoy 😃

- Sybe

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

39 Replies 39

I love all your N's. If we only could add a letter to represent all the learnings, adventures, emotions put into hosting, it would be an easy task, right. But this game shows all the magic that involve hosting and being part of this community. I started hosting in 2014 out of N for need. I really needed to make ends meets and Airbnb gave me the opportunity to go beyond that. I had so much joy reading N reasons because it resonates with me so much, specially nature. Sending a big hug from San Francisco and Brazil (where I currently host). 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

O is for organisation (organization). Something all hosts need to be skilled at!

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

P is for presentation, which can not only highly influence a guest's decision whether or not to book your listing, but also make a big difference to their first impression of it (you never get a second chance to make a first impression).

Q is for Quality, i strive for quality in everything i do and hopefully keep getting quality guests.

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

Q iis for 

QUIZ I enjoy these set out by the admin team. It makes your mind work harder and sometimes I  could be spending my time on other things.

QUICK you have to quick thinking and be prepared to change your mind, actions and thoughts for your Airbnb.

QUESTION dont be afaid to question what is right or wrong for your Airbnb.

QUALIFICATIONS you gain these by experience the longer you are in the buisness of Airbnb.

QUEEN I consider myself being the queen of my adventure of my Airbnb.

QUALITY give the best you can afford and upgrade items or add when you can.

QUIT when you stop enjoying what you are doing. Or take a break.

Thats it for now. Come On! Join the challenge.

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

Looks like I was too slow again

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Huma0 @Max2120 @Laurelle3 @Maira0 @Clara116 @Barbera0 @Ashley1424 @Helen427 @Mike-And-Jane0 Reading all your comments this morning made me start the day with the biggest smile!

R for all the Reservations that lead to great stays and memories 

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Sybe @Emilie  S is for smell, scents what the guests experience when they enter your airbnb

T is for trust we must have trust that we'll have great guests, until they prove differently. 

Deirdre122
Host Advisory Board Member
Stellenbosch, South Africa

U is for Unique experiences that each host provides when opening their home or experience to guests.

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Sybe V is vanity..... remember some guests love looking in the mirror... especially full length.... checking how they look before going out, vain, maybe or not a good idea to buy a mirror. 

W is for wealth.....some hosts think they might get great wealth in money hosting...but I say we get a wealth of knowledge about people if we pay attention. 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

deleted

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Emiel1 

Now I'm curious about X!

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

X is for X-factor

Definition: an unknown or unexplained element that makes something more interesting or valuable

Hopefully something we all have in our listings...

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand
Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

Y is for 

Yarn - we all like to have a chat.

Yawn - when we are tired after all the cleaning and set up for the next guest.

Yip-pee- I have another booking.

Yoo-hoo - a saying I have when calling out to someone like our guests staying in the cottage. 

Year- another positive year with Airbnb

Yin and Yang - the good with the bad with guests.