How to use the 'Join conversation and Reply' features: A CC tutorial

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

How to use the 'Join conversation and Reply' features: A CC tutorial

CC Tutorials.png

Hello everyone!

In this short tutorial, I will be showing you new features about participating in conversations.

You may have noticed that some changes have been made to the way you reply to posts in the Community Center.

There are 2 ways that you can reply to a post or comment which I will explain to you right now :-). 

'Join the conversation'

At the top and bottom of every page, you will see an option called 'Join the conversation' which allows you to post a comment on the original post. The user that created the post will be notified of this. 

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 15.51.28.png

'Reply to a specific comment' 

If you click on the 'Reply' button on a specific comment you will see that a blank box will pop up making it easier for you to quickly reply. This feature will keep all the comments in the Community Center tidy and make it easier to see who you're replying to. Don't forget that you can also @ mention someone in a comment! 

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 15.51.53.png

You will notice that as soon as you reply to a comment using the reply button, your answer will be displayed in light grey meaning that you've replied to the comment and the person who has posted the answer will be notified of your reply. On the picture below you can see that there's a slight difference in the colour and positioning of the message. 

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 15.52.13.png

So as you can see there are various ways you can reply to a message.

I hope you find this short tutorial helpful!

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

0 Replies 0