New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Sophia and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Sophia : Born and bred in the UK ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง but my roots are Bangladeshi ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฉ. I love cats ๐Ÿฑ, enjoy eating crisps (also known as chips) and enjoy baking ๐Ÿช. I also love travelling โœˆ๏ธ  I have worked in Community ever since I graduated and to put it lightly, people are my passion! ๐Ÿ’–

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

1,978 Replies 1,978
Diann493
Level 2
Johannesburg, South Africa

Hello Paula,

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Looking forward to seeing you in the community @Diann493 ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Jamie1240
Level 1
Midland, TX

Well first, thank you for the warm welcome and introductions!  My name is Jamie and Iโ€™m hosting in Midland Texas USA. Iโ€™m rather new at this. I started my first Airbnb in August of 2023 as a temporary situation but found I really enjoy it.   The unit was purchased for my mom before she was ready to move into it. Shortly after we turned it into an Airbnb, her circumstances changed and so did ours!  Ha. So we bought two more units, and here I am. Looking for all the advice I can get. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Jamie1240, thanks so much for your introduction and I am so glad to hear you are loving being part of Airbnb ๐ŸŽ‰

As a new Host, you might have some questions or comments, so please feel free to start a New conversation here โญ,  asking any questions you have. I am sure our lovely Hosts will be more than happy to share their opinions.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Tendai14
Level 1
White River, South Africa

Hi

Iโ€™m Tendaiโ€ฆ Iโ€™m in South Africa in a teeny tiny town called Whiteriver. Just started my air bnb in 1 Marchโ€ฆ. Itโ€™s a 2 bedroomed place . Would love to learn more about making the most of a fairly large space in a very small town. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Tendai14 ๐Ÿ‘‹

Great to have you here and a huge welcome to the Community Center ๐ŸŽ‰ 

This will be a great space for you to get advice from other Hosts. 

โœจ Ask about your listing - You can ask other Hosts to critique your listing, you could be pleasantly surprised at what other people see!

โœจ Advice on your space - This is great for general questions about your space specifically, for example, the amenities that you have at the property to what types of sheets that you use.

โœจ Help with your business - You can ask those nitty gritty questions about taxes, payouts and more in this section. 

โœจ Support with your bookings - Ask for support from Hosts who have mastered the art of hospitality - from reviews, communicating with guests to cancellations.

Hope this helps ๐Ÿฆ‹

-----

Layla81
Level 2
ฤฐstanbul, Tรผrkiye

Leila, A PhD student and am living in Istanbul. I host a house so close to shopping mall and metrobรผs station, for those who want to explore the west part of Istanbul that is less known to tourists but has amazing nature and seaside, my place offers perfect location.

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Layla81, sounds like your listing is in a very convenient area ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
I visited Istanbul a few years ago โœˆ๏ธ we spent a day in Bรผyรผkada which was lovely ๐Ÿ˜

Hope you're hosting journey is going well so far, do share your experiences with the wider community ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Layla81
Level 2
ฤฐstanbul, Tรผrkiye

Hi Sophia. Thanks for cheerful message. I hope it will go well but as you know things are getting though for hosts in Turkey. Am not sure if we will be able to continue hosting ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Raul683
Level 2
Sao Filipe, Cabo Verde

Hello, I am Raul,

I host in the beautiful no-stress zone of Cabo Verde escape! 

I'm a true islander at heart, with a deep passion for nature, photography, and uncovering hidden gems. Exploring the nooks and crannies of this incredible country brings me endless joy, and I love capturing its beauty through my lens.

But for me, hospitality is just as fulfilling as adventure.  I find immense pleasure in welcoming people from all walks of life into our country and home. Sharing stories, laughter, and of course, a taste of Cape Verdean culture is something I truly cherish.

I look forward to establishing a community for the Islands of Cabo Verde and forming collaboration globally.

Cheers ๐Ÿฅ‚ 

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is doing fine,

I'm Pranav from India, 22years of age, high on dreams and love for travelling has brought be here.

Looking forward to build a great connection with you guys.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Pranav38 ๐Ÿ‘‹

Welcome to the Community Center ๐ŸŽ‰

We hope you find everything you need to thrive in your hosting journey. Whether you're looking for advice, seeking answers to your questions, or simply want to connect with fellow hosts, this is the perfect place for it. ๐Ÿค—

-----

Ibrahim260
Level 2
Kampala, Uganda

Hello all friends and Guests and travellers

Here am with all great happiness ready to receive you in Uganda and have place with difference 

Ask me any question you would love me to clarify then i will be ready to answer

Feel free because am always very much open and flexible

Hope to hear from you all 

Have great times and be safe

Ibrahim

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Ibrahim260, welcome to the Airbnb Community.

How has your hosting journey been? What is the best time to visit Kampala? ๐Ÿ˜

All the best,

-----

Hello Paula,

Many thanks for your cooperation,

Yes my hosting journey is quite well only that i have not yet hosted anybody yet may be because am still new in the platform but i love the way  really people are very much cooperative and with great inspiring messages

How ever the best time to be in Kampala starts from this month and throughout the year so that the quests will have lots of things to experience like the weather patterns, how people do agriculture like using the oxen for ploughing among others.