Additional Sleeping Arrangements for Children

Jutta139
Level 2
Milan, Italy

Additional Sleeping Arrangements for Children

Hi,

I wished to ask for help or guidance for a new listing.

My guests are mostly families with small children and I am getting ready to list another property. In this new property I would like to host up to 2 adults and 2 children. The living room is suitable for a small 120cm couch bed for the children, but I do not think an adult would enjoy sleeping in that. I am afraid that if I list up to 4 guests, 4 adults will make a booking and if list it for 2 adults, it cuts away from our guests who do not read the information on the description.

I hope someone at AirBnB takes this as a possible improvement so that we could open up more flexible options for the guests.

For instance, specifying the exact measurement for the couch bed, or a mention of a "children's bed".

Does anyone have any tips to share on this?

Thank you!

4 Replies 4
Normen0
Level 10
Canada

@Jutta139 Hi!  My suggestion is to list it for four people max but in your very first line of the description put something to the effect of “This space is ideally suited for two adults and up to two children. And then describe the space.  If you have IB take it off and when requests come in, verify with them before approval the number of guests, adults/children.   Don’t say that it’s too small for them and chase business away. What I normally say is if you’re used to a larger space you might find it tight but then some people are absolutely fine with it. If they insist they still want to rent for four adults, you are covered. Yes, you likely will still get comments that it’s too small for four adults. People are funny that way. However, I’ve learned that people from different places view space much differently.  Where I live people have relatively big houses and we moved into a small place about 700 ft.². I thought that people would find this too small but many coming from the big inner-city and from Europe actually find us to be a decent space in addition to that they appreciate all the outdoor space. So you never know how other people are going to feel about the space but at least you’ve given them ample warning!

@Normen0, thanks for all the tips. I will list it as such.

I also have the instant booking option, but hopefully whoever uses it, is more experienced in looking into the details of the place.

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

'@Jutta139   Do NOT instant book if the beds are only suitable for children. Without instant book you have an opportunity to ensure that the guest understands the bed sizes.  Also, I would put in in the listing title AND description - "My Property - Ideal for 2 Adults and 2 Children" so that it is clear -- most people don't read beyond the first line, going by the pictures only.  Trust me...I have a cabin for 4, and people have asked where the 3rd and 4th beds are...no, there are only 2 and it is not a sleeper sofa.

Yikes, ok thanks for the tip.