[ Best Lock / Cadenas for my closet]

Florian806
Level 1
Paris, France

[ Best Lock / Cadenas for my closet]

Hi everyone,

I'm hosting a family in 2 weeks, and I'm starting to seek which best locks should I use for the closet in my room ( as I want guests to use another closet). The two main issues are : 

1. The closet door is in glass 

2. The doors of the closet seem rather small to have a conventional lock.

Ideally, I'd like something that I could activate with a combination and that I could put on glass door, but I havent found the perfect match.

Would you be able to provide any ideas of suitable locks ? 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best,

Florian

4 Replies 4
Cheri354
Level 10
Helena-West Helena, AR

@Florian806 We have a few themed rooms..in our Victorian and Steampunk rooms we lock a personal door with a vintage style hasp lock and add a matching black padlock that looks vintage. It seamlessly matches the room style and is quite sturdy 🙂 The ones we got are sold as fencing gate latches so they are not dainty at all !

www.amazon.com/Akatva-Premium-Wrought-Antique-Antique/dp/B08K8WDW75

There are lots of these style hasps online with different decor looks and varying prices.

The installation is less time consuming than adding an internal door lock system and less pricey.

Best wishes~

Janet1318
Level 1
Durham, NC

@Florian806  I use a number pad deadbolt made by Mojo which uses cellular data so you can provide one time codes if a repair person or relative needs to get in and you are not available. Also, being able to provide temporary codes makes things easy and more secure. Additional you don’t have to use keys which get lost.

Hello @Florian806 , Can you provide a pic of the door you are going to install a lock on?

Thanks,

Ken 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Florian806, this is a great topic that is actively being discussed in our community.

Let us know if you have tried any of the suggestions given by our Hosts. I am also sharing 👉here some threads that can provide additional insights.

Keep us posted.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad