Do you host families with children?

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Do you host families with children?

Liv_0-1627488028089.png

Hey everyone,

I’m aware that not all properties are suitable and safe for children, especially when too many stairs or sharp furniture are involved. 🙈

I’ve been following several discussions in the CC from Hosts who don’t feel their listings are accommodating to little ones, but it would also be great to hear about your experience hosting children if you have any.

Increasingly more guests have been looking for nice spots for having family gatherings and creating lovely childhood memories for their kids, which require tailored accommodations decorated with children’s safety (and why not fun) in mind. 👶 

Therefore I’d love to know: do you host families with children? What are the best practices for welcoming guests with kids?

Thanks,

Liv

30 Replies 30
Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

We no longer accept children between the ages of 4 and 12 because of repeated incidents of wanton, purposeful destruction.

We host a wilderness property that is entirely private and apparently people think this means they can bring a gang of kids and leave them to entertain themselves. 

Furthermore there is a worrisome issue of liability for the ignorant behavior of people who  know nothing about country living and really don't want to learn.

One guest whose children playfully tore the pull cords out of the ceiling fans remarked that "you have to expect kids to break things." Now I do.

Never again.