Does anyone do annual or bi-annual Property Inspection

Does anyone do annual or bi-annual Property Inspection

Hi All,

Does anyone get annual or bi-annual property inspections from a third-party company? I know I have a checklist for my cleaners, but I feel things at my property might be overlooked or neglected. I do not expect the cleaners to look after these things, but I want to know what other hosts are doing to maintain their property. I appreciate any help you can provide. Laddara

15 Replies 15
Debra699
Level 4
Decatur, GA

@Laddara0 I visit my property on a monthly basis, and I self-manage. 
If you have a property manager, they should. be doing this. Create that very detailed list and get photos after completion.

Thank you @Debra699 !

What @Debra699 said!

I check my property every 4-8 weeks myself. My cleaner does not spot things I do, doesn't do the deep clean like I do etc. 

I don't see your listing to check though?

Thank you @Mary1523 ! We had a 4-plex that we were hosting, but we have since sold it. We were looking at buying something in a different state than we live, but still trying to figure out how we would operate it. 

Jessica3713
Level 2
Asheville, NC

I also visit my properties every 6-8 weeks to do inspections. It is just impossible for our cleaners to catch and do it all.  

I also offer to do inspections for local hosts if needed that I conduct when I’m on my visits. 

If you cannot get to your property at least once a quarter I would recommend a 3rd party inspection or maybe pay your cleaner for an extra “clean” to do the deeper inspection and items that are not attended to regularly.   

Happy hosting! 

Hi @Jessica3713, thank you for your feedback!

Joni147
Level 1
Portland, OR

My property is on site, so I check it routinely, after every cleaning for the most part.

I also inspect on a daily basis. I have a checklist for the cleaners but I need to have an overall inspection at every cleaning

Ik bezoek mijn eigendom zelf zeer frequent.  Minstens 1x/maand

Translate: I visit my property very frequently myself. At least 1x/month

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the Community Center @Marc12487, I wanted to let you know that we also have a Dutch-speaking Community Center here 👈 

Just so you know, I've also translated your comment for you. 

I hope this helps!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

June361
Level 1
Jackson, MS

Because my office & other property are so close to my Airbnb, I self-manage it and inspect it weekly. I do hope to eventually a property manager though. 

I recommend hosts inspect their properties more regularly than annually or bi-annually, if possible. That’s my opinion.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Laddara0, I hope you are doing well! This is a brilliant question. I was wondering if you had a chance to see all the helpful replies? It would be great to hear back from you! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Wow! Thank you for the feedback! This was all helpful information! 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Laddara0 😊

If you find any of our Hosts' answers particularly useful, please don't hesitate to mark it as the best answer. You can do this by clicking the button below the comment, as shown in the following image:

Paula_0-1719342187059.png

This will help future Hosts with similar questions easily find this conversation.

All the best.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad