For long stays: how often is the property cleaned?

Hossein54
Level 1
Montreal, Canada

For long stays: how often is the property cleaned?

Hi . Thank you for helping . 

For a person how stays long term for example for one month, is it needed and is usual, to clean up every day or no just at the end of stay?

[Title modified by OCM]

7 Replies 7
Bronwyn100
Level 10
Hardys Bay, Australia

Guests pay one cleaning fee at the end of their stay but they should have access to a washing machine if staying for that long. Their privacy is to be respected while they are there. Obviously you need to replenish toilet paper and bath products . 

Radovan5
Level 2
Novi Sad, Serbia

Hi there.

I had lots of one month or longer stays and it is not required or desirable to come and clean the space during this time. I would just suggest to leave access to mashing machine as already mentioned, also I would leave vacuum cleaner and things like broom, mop,  sponges, and other cleaning supplies . Also it's good thing if you have more then one set of sheets, pillow cases and linens.

Hope this helps. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Hossein54, I hope everything is going well with you.

Our hosts have shared their advice—have you had a chance to read their suggestions?

What have you decided regarding cleaning for long stays?

Keep us psoted.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

@Hossein54 I recommend cleaning after a 2 month stay but it is not required as that is an additional fee applied upon towards the tenant. 

Hello,

One cleaning fee for end of stay, good quality cleaning supplies for guests at hand always, and an option for scheduled weekly cleaning as an add on agreement for mid-term stays (stays of 29 to 180 days).

Tammy

Tripta1
Level 1
Kanpur, India

For long stay the property will be cleaned everyday but the bed lining & towels will be changed on every 3rd day. 
if necessary anytime, it would be changed as required. 

Todd601
Level 1
Jacksonville, FL

Hello,

We typically only clean our home after the guest has checked out. However, if a guest wants someone to come and tidy up during their stay we will but we charge an extra fee. Also, we keep vacuums, mops, and cleaning supplies at the home so many guests have no problem cleaning up after themselves.