How do I file complaint against a neighbour airbnb?

Weiye0
Level 1
Melbourne, Australia

How do I file complaint against a neighbour airbnb?

Hi community,

Is there a way to file a complaint against a neighbour Airbnb? There are multiple reasons:
1. The airbnb is quite noisy all day. People are in and out all the time.

2. There are over 5 people (confirmed) moving in and out, and buzz every neighbour on the same level to seek lift access (there is only one or two fob access for that apartment). 
3. People are suspicious on drugs as building manager identified some of them before.

4. Due to Australia Law, it is unable to contact the Airbnb host or running agent directly.

Any advice or help would be highly appreciated.

8 Replies 8
Bronwyn100
Level 8
Hardys Bay, Australia

Record what is happening. Lodge your complaint with Airbnb and make a noise complaint to police. This is quite unsatisfactory. 

Thanks for your advice.

I have done what you have suggested, including recording and other stuffs. However,  the Victoria police refused to handle this situation as it is beyond their jurisdiction and refers me to talk to building manager.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Weiye0 There you go then - Its a Civil matter that the police won't get involved in. Do you rent your apartment or own it? Most contracts have a head lease clause (if rented) that says what can and can't be done in the building. If Airbnb is allowed then you are out of luck I am afraid.

I own the apartment I live. Thanks anyway 

HI @Weiye0 ,

if you haven't already, you can click on the link that is part of every AIRBNB listing "report this listing" and fill in the form. I believe you would need an AIRBNB profile to accomplish this and I am unsure if you would receive any type of individual response however it is at least one path to alert the platform (AIRBNB) to a recurring issue that is really unfavorable to all.

Hi,

thanks for your advise. However, there are numerous of Airbnb hosts ( I believe most of them are hosted by agent), which makes me less possible to accurately locate the profile. I’ll give it try anyway.

probably talking to your city's zoning department or condo association. 

Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

Have you tried to contact the neighbor first before involving Airbnb?

I think your neighbor would really prefer to work out things personally with you.