How do you handle the cleaning and management of bed linens and sheets?

Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

How do you handle the cleaning and management of bed linens and sheets?

683618120857757363-20 (3).jpg

Hello everyone 😊

Today, I would love to hear how you handle your bed linens and sheets!

This is an important part of creating a welcoming atmosphere for your guests.

• Some Hosts choose to manage laundry themselves, making sure to wash linens right after each guest checks out and keeping extra sets handy for quick turnaround. 
  • Others prefer to take a step back and use a professional laundry service to make things easier, especially if they have a lot of guests or properties.

What’s your approach? Do you prefer to handle it yourself, or do you like the convenience of outsourcing laundry? 🧺

I would love to hear why you prefer your chosen approach and look forward to reading about your experiences in the comments!

Warm regards 🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
14 Replies 14
Manu6933
Level 1
Varanasi, India

As an Airbnb host, I’ve found that handling the cleaning and management of bed linens and sheets depends largely on the volume of guests and how much time I have. For smaller guest turnovers, I prefer to manage the laundry myself. This allows me to ensure everything is fresh, spotless, and up to the standard I want for my space. I also keep extra sets of linens handy for quicker turnovers between guests.

However, when the schedule is tight or I have back-to-back bookings, I outsource the laundry to a professional service. It’s convenient and ensures a high-quality result without the stress of handling it all on my own. This balance allows me to maintain control when possible, but also rely on professionals when needed. What works best for me is staying flexible and adapting based on guest demand!

Hi @Manu6933 😊

Your approach is really interesting, I know each Host has a different vision about that.

I am curious, did you come to this after a lot of experience, or have you always acted like that?

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Elisa When we started with just a single 3 bed apartment we did the washing and ironing ourselves. Once the upstairs two apartments were renovated giving us 3 apartments in total this was too hard. We found an absolutely brilliant laundry service in Derby England who I would recommend to all. Reasonably priced and they took all the hassle out of our linen washing and ironing. Towels we continued to do ourselves as they are easy and we don't iron them!

Hi @Mike-And-Jane0 😊

That's amazing to know that you have found a place that can help you. I think it is not easy to find a good service that is always ready to help and provide satisfaction.

Did someone recommend this place to you, or did you find it by yourself?

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Linda-Lee2
Level 1
Naples, FL

My housekeeper cleans the linens and I keep the inventory, with extras of everything in case of staining, etc.

Hi @Linda-Lee2 😊

Thank you for sharing your experience on this topic!

I am wondering, how many extra linens do you have in case of staining? How many guests can stay at your property?

Warm regards 🌻,

-----

Karen4131
Top Contributor
Malmö, Sweden

Hi @Elisa 

We initially asked guests to bring their own bed linens, as we don’t yet have a washing machine in the summer house due to a new well that still lacks a water filter.

Anyway, even before our first guest arrived, it became clear that we had to offer linens. Most of our guests—primarily from Germany—mentioned that they were traveling around Sweden and couldn’t bring bed linens for every place they stayed, which is completely understandable.

So, we bought 20 sets to ensure we had enough for longer stays and a few extras that we could take home to wash. It’s a simple process—we just throw them in the dryer after washing, and they’re not ironed, which you can probably see in the photos.

97f76b51-a0dc-4c24-9f77-538c50b1ea57.jpeg

But the quality is great, and our guests are happy with them.

Best regards,

Karen

Hi @Karen4131 😊

Thank you very much for sharing this lovely comment! I love the picture as well. 😍

Have you ever had a guest complain about the sheets not being ironed?

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Karen4131
Top Contributor
Malmö, Sweden

Hi @Elisa 

So far, guests have been extremely satisfied with everything. I’m not quite sure what the standard is in Germany, but we’ve simply decided that ironing and smoothing everything would be too big of a job. If it becomes an issue, we’ll have to hire a professional laundry service for it.

Best,

Karen 🙂

Gaynor39
Level 2
Egerton, United Kingdom

Hello Elisa,

As my listing is on site I am able to manage all change overs. Only one bed to worry about.

I have 4 sets of bedlinen, 3 are always laundered and ready to be put on the bed.

When I dry clean the duvet at the dry cleaners, I have a spare to put on the bed.

Thank you

Gaynor 

@Elisa bed linen is changed after each tenant, washed at 60 degrees, then dried and ironed

Fiona925
Level 2
Darlington, Australia

I use a laundry service who pick up and deliver back lovely folded  linen smelling fresh. I have  2 sets of linen so I can make the bed up as soon as guests leave . I have tried going to a laundry and washing and drying the sheets myself ( to save money) but it just didn't work for me as it took up too much time and the result was not nearly as professional . I'm not interested in using my own washing machine / dryer as it would again take up too much time and effort with the appliances being way smaller than professional ones . I also go to work so have limited time. 

I  launder my own sheets the minute guests check out, I have 3 king beds and 12 pillow cases to turn over and can launder the bedding alone in about 4 hours (ironing 12 pillow cases takes about an hour and a half). My linens are hotel brand and white so that I can see if there is any staining.

Tips on stains:

Blood, doggie slobber or snotty noses...if you are not sure just put hydrogen peroxide on it and if it fizzles, it's human/animal related and the hydrogen peroxide will take care of the enzyme part of it. Then apply your favorite laundry stain remover and last resort is a blotting of bleach to the stain area and launder again.

Always press/iron your pillow cases!

@Elisa 

Hello, Ms. Elisa! About your question on how we handle the  cleaning and management of bed linens and sheets, we used disinfecting solutions. For the bed sheets and linens, we used hot water and laundry soap/powder, we rinse it until there is no more bubbles and hang it to dry because we know here in the Philippines, the weather is hot and it can easily dry the clothes.