How would you get your cleaner to clean the acoustic guitar?

Answered!

How would you get your cleaner to clean the acoustic guitar?

I'm seriously considering providing my guests with a guitar. The property isn't an apartment, and I don't think noise will be a big deal. I thought about leaving a tuner and spare strings in case one breaks. Even so, I know the cleaning has to be done carefully so as not to damage or deform the wood. Do you have a guitar in your Airbnb or do you have any tips on how this cleaning can be done by my cleaner? Do you think it's a good idea to have this instrument in the property? It seems like a fun and artistic touch.

1 Best Answer
Sandrine954
Level 2
Toulouse, France

Bonjour, 

Il faut un chiffon  doux humidifié d'eau savonneuse pour le nettoyage de la guitare. Après, c'est bien pour ceux qui en joue.

Bonne journée 

Cordialement

Sandrine 

---

Good morning,

You need a soft cloth dampened with soapy water to clean the guitar. Afterwards, it's good for those who play it.

Good day

Sincerely

Sandrine

[Translation added by Community Manager]

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8

I think it’s great. Provide antibacterial wipes 

Thanks! I will! I want to avoid products like furniture polish and other abrasive materials!

Sandrine954
Level 2
Toulouse, France

Bonjour, 

Il faut un chiffon  doux humidifié d'eau savonneuse pour le nettoyage de la guitare. Après, c'est bien pour ceux qui en joue.

Bonne journée 

Cordialement

Sandrine 

---

Good morning,

You need a soft cloth dampened with soapy water to clean the guitar. Afterwards, it's good for those who play it.

Good day

Sincerely

Sandrine

[Translation added by Community Manager]

This is a great idea Sandrine, this will keep the guitar always in good condition!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Personally I wouldn't provide a guitar for guests far too easy to break/damage @Calvin173 

Presumably you want to do this because you are a guitar player so just provide your cleaner with your own methodology. 

Yes, it could be unnecessary trouble haha, but I think it would be something different to offer!

Sanja248
Level 1
Sofia, Bulgaria

Hello @Calvin173 ,

Even though I love the idea, I think it will catch the eye of every guest, as it's not very usual to have such object in your Airbnb, I personally would not recommend.

I used to have very old, not expensive acoustic guitar as a decoration in my Airbnb. It didn't even have all the strings, and I know for a fact that many of my guests have touched it, tried to play, even with no musical knowledge or background. It became more of a toy than an instrument.

I also had a guest who played couple of songs and posted it on his social media, which was fun 🙂 however, I found guitar a bit damaged, with scratches.

Hope this helps! 

Best,

Sanja

Sure @Sanja248 , I don't actually mind they'll scratch the guitar, as I won't use it... I just don't want them to break it! I know every host tells me to not go for it, but I'm very excited hahaha! Probably I'll regret later hahaha.