Kitchen

Answered!

Kitchen

Hello 
I have a large bedroom & bathroom that I can rent. 

It does not have a kitchen sink. Has anyone had this hurdle they had to deal with ? 
Any tips? 

Thank you 

Parissa

Top Answer

Hi @Parissa1 

If your rental space does not have a kitchen sink, it's important to communicate this clearly in your Airbnb listing description. Here are some considerations and steps you can take:

Listing Description: Clearly state in your Airbnb listing description that the bedroom and bathroom do not have a kitchen sink. Describe the alternative options available for guests, such as access to a shared kitchen or bathroom sink.

Photos: Include photos that accurately represent the space, highlighting the bedroom and bathroom areas. If applicable, show the shared kitchen or bathroom sink that guests can use.

Amenities Section: Update the amenities section of your Airbnb listing to accurately reflect what is available (e.g., no kitchen sink, but access to shared facilities).

Communication: Prior to booking, communicate with potential guests to ensure they understand the setup and are comfortable with the arrangements.

Offer Alternatives: If possible, provide alternatives such as a mini-fridge, electric kettle, or portable sink for basic washing needs within the rental space.

By being transparent about the lack of a kitchen sink and offering suitable alternatives, you can manage guest expectations effectively and avoid misunderstandings during their stay. This approach helps in maintaining a positive guest experience and receiving good reviews on Airbnb.

I hope you find this information useful!

All the best,

**[Advertisement removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines

View Top Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Parissa1 

This is not a problem as long as you make it very clear in your listing so that guests know what is included and excluded. Your reviews are based on the accuracy of your listing.

Hi @Parissa1 

If your rental space does not have a kitchen sink, it's important to communicate this clearly in your Airbnb listing description. Here are some considerations and steps you can take:

Listing Description: Clearly state in your Airbnb listing description that the bedroom and bathroom do not have a kitchen sink. Describe the alternative options available for guests, such as access to a shared kitchen or bathroom sink.

Photos: Include photos that accurately represent the space, highlighting the bedroom and bathroom areas. If applicable, show the shared kitchen or bathroom sink that guests can use.

Amenities Section: Update the amenities section of your Airbnb listing to accurately reflect what is available (e.g., no kitchen sink, but access to shared facilities).

Communication: Prior to booking, communicate with potential guests to ensure they understand the setup and are comfortable with the arrangements.

Offer Alternatives: If possible, provide alternatives such as a mini-fridge, electric kettle, or portable sink for basic washing needs within the rental space.

By being transparent about the lack of a kitchen sink and offering suitable alternatives, you can manage guest expectations effectively and avoid misunderstandings during their stay. This approach helps in maintaining a positive guest experience and receiving good reviews on Airbnb.

I hope you find this information useful!

All the best,

**[Advertisement removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Parissa1 You can also set up like a  hotel room mini fridge microwave coffeemaker and provide  paper cups for coffee then they     don't need a kitchen sink.

@Parissa1. Hi Parissa, I havent but a local host here with a cute brand new studio was reviewed as 4 stars. Reasons given was 1) it mentioned some kitchen facilities (but I think the pictures were a distance away so they didnt realise that it lacked a sink to clean up things, needed after using the BBQ 2) there was nowhere to sit and eat inside (it was raining).

So as others here have mentioned it, make it very clear in your listing in words and pics what you do and dont have.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Parissa1 , It's nice to read that you're looking into hosting. 🌻 How are you progressing since you posted?

Did you get a chance to read the wonderful responses from Hosts @Frances3408 @Marie8425 @Alicia753 @Shelley159 ? As they've aptly suggested, it's always a good idea to ensure the listing descriptions are accurate. I also wanted to share an Airbnb article in case it's helpful : Setting clear expectations with every guest . 

Do keep us posted how you get along! All the best 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines