Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Need Advice on raising listing visibility

Need Advice on raising listing visibility

Hello my name is Jose,

I'm new to the Airbnb business, my listing is a two bedroom apartment.  I need advise on how to make the apartment visible to more guests. The apartment is close to Los Angeles International Airport, Sofi stadium home of the Los Angeles Rams and the Intuit Dome home home of the Clippers.

Can someone please help?

Thank you.

Jose.

9 Replies 9
Patrice497
Level 2
Paris, France

Hello @Jose8899 

1. Professional Pictures

2. Duplicate the listing ( With different Keywords and Hero pictures).

- One will use Keywords that target Business  & Event travelers

- The second will use keywords that highlight: Families/space/Cleanliness

D-And-J134
Level 1
Seattle, WA

Hi @Jose8899 , that’s a beautiful listing!  Great photos!  In the description I would add a little bit of detail on how to get there, what public transport options are available in the area.  Parking options etc.  That’s especially helpful for people traveling there for the first time.

Cynthia1243
Level 2
Laredo, TX

Hi @Jose8899 ! I would be happy to offer some advice.  I see others have given some great advice.  

I would  carefully look at the competition around me and see what I can offer that they don’t have.  Read their reviews.  I would add lots of color to make your apt stand out.  I have three apts currently and the most colorful one is the one that gets more bookings. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Jose8899, it’s wonderful to have you join our community!

Have you had a chance to read through the suggestions from our hosts? Have you considered adding more details about how to get to your place, as some of them recommended?

Please let us know which of these ideas you're planning to implement.

Best regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

yes

Welcome to Airbnb, @Jose8899 ! To improve your apartment's visibility, make sure your listing is optimized with great photos, a catchy title, and a detailed description that highlights its proximity to LAX, SoFi Stadium, and the Intuit Dome. You can also adjust your pricing to be competitive, offer flexible check-in/check-out times, and promote it on social media or travel forums. Responding quickly to inquiries and gathering good reviews from early guests will also help boost your ranking. Best of luck!

Mike3102
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Hi @Jose8899 , 

There is no one proven formula, however, you can pay attention to a few things.

Name

Photos

Price

Description

1. Your listing name should be short, descriptive and curiosity-provoking. It needs to be catchy, but not cheesy. Here are some quick ideas:
                        LAX Luxe & SoFi Retreat: Modern Comfort Meets LA Vibes

Stadium Chic: Modern Stay by LAX & SoFi

LA Epicenter Getaway: Steps from SoFi & More!

Stylish Apartment near LAX/SoFi Stadium

2. Your first cover photo is the most important, and I think it needs requires attention. Feel free to keep changing till you see a spike in reservations. I recommend adding a plant, maybe flowers, case of fruits. I would also stage the dining table with plates/silverware. When someone is watching those photos, they need to imagine themselves at your place. 
I would retake all of the kitchen photos and esure they aren't blurry, and under cabinets aren't shown. 
I would turn on the TV and take a picture with one of the streaming services, if you offer that. 

I would also add a plant in the corner of the dining table instead of what's there. 

3. I think your price is a little on the higher end one... with only two reviews. I would concentrate on the pricing strategy. Remember, the most expensive room for all of us is the empty one. 

4. I would add a few extras as someone else mentioned here. Put distances, parking situation, included services, etc. 

Hope this helps to get 100% occupancy rate. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Mike3102 ,

Really constructive and easily actionable suggestions there, thanks for taking the time to share them with @Jose8899 !

I'm always curious about how Hosts chose to name their listings as those keywords have a significant impact on search ranking - seems like you know that too!

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Rebecca there is no one proven formula, however, I keep advising hosts to concentrate on describing the feeling, experience their guests will have rather than describing the features of their home. 

Don't say 2bd, 2bath modern home in Los Angeles, instead, you can say Spacious but cozy home close to XYZ. Another good one will be invitation, such as "Come experience what our previous guests rave about our modern home". 

Again, the there are three levels of approval process guests will go through before they click on the listing. 
1. Price - is the total price within their budget? 
2. Cover photo - Is the pricing justifying the quality of the place based on the covery photo? 

3. Description - Is it intriguing enough for guests to click and shortlist your listing? 

Hope this helps.