[Poll] How do you manage laundry for towels and linens for your listing?

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

[Poll] How do you manage laundry for towels and linens for your listing?

Hey everyone!

Let us talk about laundry and linens today! We all know that one of the challenges while managing a listing can be maintaining the cleanliness and freshness of linens and towels for your guests. As Hosts, everyone may have a different approach to this crucial aspect of hospitality.

I'm curious about how you handle cleaning the towels and linens in your listings. Do you prefer using professional laundry services, or do you take care of it yourself? We would love to hear your insights and experiences below! 🧺

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

25 Replies 25
Fiona256
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

I wash my cottage linens in my house and line dry when the weather permits. I never use a tumble drier. In my experience, laundries wear out fabrics with their heavy-duty washes and driers.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Bhumika we take the bed linen to a local launderette to be washed and ironed. We then wash the towels, bath mats etc ourselves and tumble dry to keep the towels fluffy.

The launderette is not cheap but with up to 7 sets of bedding at a turnover it is the only way to stay sane and not overload our sewage treatment plant.

Ana2038
Level 10
Santa Ana, CA

@Bhumika , I wash all of our linens, and towels in-house. Comforter is hung dried and all other linens are thrown in dryer. All bedding (exception of comforter) is then pressed/ironed and hung in our Airbnb closet. I always keep 2-3 sets of bedding so as one set is being washed etc…a clean pressed set is ready to go….I love the look of crisp white sheets, pillow cases etc….

Kirti15
Level 2
Renton, WA

I use turno to book cleaners and it’s part of the cleaners job role to laundry linens using in-house laundry machine. 

I take them to a laundry professional service.

Mac-And-Lynn0
Level 1
Springfield, PA

We live very nearby. We pick up and wash ourselves at our house. All linens and towels you may say are “professionally washed at our house”

lol

Megan1174
Level 1
Angier, NC

Since I have 5 units with multiple beds, and we also provide towels and washcloths, we can have a massive amount of laundry. If it gets to be too much for the washer and dryer on-property, we take it to a local coin-op laundry mat. We're currently working on adding another washer and dryer to help us be more self-sufficient with laundry and spending less on the laundry mat. During the summer busy season, we'd spend upwards of $250-$300 a month on quarters alone!

Nancy2027
Level 2
Pasadena, CA

I wash and dry them after each stay.  If they are ripped or stained, then I toss them out and replenish them with new towels and linens.  

Johann1331
Level 1
Elliot, South Africa

Because we are so far situated from any towns, we do our laundry ourselves with washer and dryers. 

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Bhumika we wash all our linen at home. If 2 people staying 3 loads. 3-4 people 6 loads. We try to fresh air drying 90% of the time.

The dryer is only used for bathroom towels, washers and hand towels for 10 minutes to fluff them up. The odd times dryer is used for wet days for more than 2 days.

Quilts are dry cleaned 4 times a year.

All sheets, pillow cases and single bed quilt covers are ironed.

We have a minimum 2 night stay.

Yes,it takes time to be the washer women and I need to pay myself once in a while. Love of the job doesn't go far enough.

Jesper46
Level 1
Hejls, Denmark

I'm a new host and I actually wondered about the right way.

My conclusion is that I could easily wash it every 3'th guest I have. However that will only work untill i get a guest with cleaning OCD 🤪

There is nothing worse than a review saying "dirty beds"... So I wash them every time.

To save electricity I buy 4-6 spare linens.

Lee5102
Level 1
Bismarck, ND

We have 3 listings on AirBnB, and to save some hassle we bought identical bed sets for all of the beds. We also have  at least two extra sets per bed so if were ever in a pinch we have extras on hand to quickly swap out. We also have 40-50 towels in storage as well. Since me & the cohost do all our own AirBnB laundry this gives us time to do the laundry and not be so rushed.

Joan3131
Level 2
Savannah, GA

We live upstairs from our Airbnb apartment, so we use our own washer and dryer, as the ones in the apartment are smaller size and not able to handle heavy towels and sheets.

Dawn896
Level 1
Wentzville, MO

I have at least 3 full sets I just rotate. So I launder at home and then return clean to unit there are times when they are still hot from dryer when they go on but others when I have them on hand plus. Hope this may help ya.

Good luck

Dawn