Scheduled Messages Send Time Parameters

Tim-and-Maite0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Scheduled Messages Send Time Parameters

Hi !

I'm trying to use Scheduled Messages for streamlining my hosting as much as possible.

I want to send an INITIAL INSTRUCTIONS quite soon after a booking is confirmed, this would mention food deliveries and specifics about our address.   The timing options to send scheduled messages "After Booking Confirmed" is only: from Immediately up to 24hrs.  

I would like the timing options here to be extended for longer - like send in 48hrs etc / or 2 days / 3 days etc. 

I appreciate that many hosts have new bookings within 24hrs and in those cases a scheduled message set to 'send in 48hrs after booking confirmed' wouldn't send.      But my main reason for wanting this feature improved is that we have "Strict" cancellation parameters set and the system set so that our address is not shown to guests until after the 48hr free cancelation period has passed.

With the longest 'send in' time option of a scheduled message being 'after 24hrs', I am exposing my address to guests within the free cancellation policy [a feature I like and want to keep] but which is now preventing me from wanting to use a Scheduled Message which I would also like to do.  Be good if the system allowed for these great features to work together.

If anyone reads this and knows any proactive admins like @Scott and could tag them so this post gets noticed that would be much appreciated 🙂

Thanks 

Tim

1 Reply 1
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Tim-and-Maite0 I don't have an exact solution to your stated problem, but as a guest I'd rather get such information shortly before check-in than shortly after booking; and the system allows messages to be automatically sent up to 14 days prior to check-in.