Stolen Linen

Ilana85
Level 2
Suva, Fiji

Stolen Linen

Hello community members!

Recently, the cleaning lady for my air bnb noticed three stolen bath towels. And she doesn't know who stole them.

I would love to know how do other hosts handle such issues please?

Thanks,

Ilana.

3 Replies 3
Ruth413
Level 10
Moreton, United Kingdom

@Ilana85   Sometimes towels just go missing, normally a guest has packed them without realising, not stolen them !  Sometimes, the guest gets in touch when they get home and offer to post it back, but I am afraid I find this is just part of hosting.  I have never asked a guest to return a towel and I find it is just best to accept that once in a while a towel will disappear.

I am afraid as you don't actually know which guest has packed the towels there is very little you can do about it.

Ruth 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Ilana85 , 

Our Host member Ruth has made some suggestions below.

What did you do in the end? Did you manage to dig further or bought other materials for future guests?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Do you have it  in your cleaning routine that your cleaner should check linens and towels  post check out . If not add this in. 

I bet your guests are taking your towels  to the beach and leaving them there by mistake rather than stealing them. 

Have it in your house rules and have a prominent card on your towels asking guest please  not to take your bath towels to the beach . 

Direct them to where they can buy them near the beach.