Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Vacasa

Sherri310
Level 1
Martinez, GA

Vacasa

AirBnB should STOP working with Vacasa!! We rented a Vacasa home near Ashville, NC through AirBNB before Hurricane Helene. AirBnb said we should get a full refund since the roads had not opened back up. VACASA refused to refund us!! Even after 10 phone calls...they finally refunded our cleaning fee and taxes, which ended up being about 1/3 of what we paid total. HORRIBLE Company!!!

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry you had this experience. Airbnb doesn't work with Vacasa @Sherri310 

It's the owner of the short term rental who decides to use them .

these large scale management companies do seem to get away with things individual hosts like myself would never be allowed to

presumably you have a record of all your communications on the Airbnb platform. If the Roads were closed I would challenge Vacasa's decision with Airbnb.  You could also take them to small claims court if you can demonstrate the roads were closed and the host wasn't able to provide the service 

sadly some investor hosts don't care too much about their guests experience 

my tip would be never book with a host that use large scale management companies .

what sort of review did this listing have when you booked . Do leave an honest low star review to warn your fellow guests